With all the Windows 8 consumer preview you would almost forget that Microsoft has released a System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager RC – Evaluation (VHD) today.
You can download all 12 parts here.
System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager delivers industry leading fabric management, virtual machine management and services deployment in private cloud environments. System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager offers key new features that include hypervisor creation and management, network management, storage management, private cloud creation, self-service usage and service creation. It features deep investments in server application virtualization, service design and service modeling all of which can be used to efficiently offer an on-premises private cloud.
- Fabric Management
- Hyper-V and Cluster Lifecycle Management – Deploy Hyper-V to bare metal server, create Hyper-V clusters, orchestrate patching of a Hyper-V Cluster
- Third Party Virtualization Platforms – Add and Manage Citrix XenServer and VMware ESX Hosts and Clusters
- Network Management – Manage IP Address Pools, MAC Address Pools and Load Balancers
- Storage Management – Classify storage, Manage Storage Pools and LUNs
- Resource Optimization
- Dynamic Optimization – proactively balance the load of VMs across a cluster
- Power Optimization – schedule power savings to use the right number of hosts to run your workloads – power the rest off until they are needed
- PRO – integrate with System Center Operations Manager to respond to application-level performance monitors
- Cloud Management
- Abstract server, network and storage resources into private clouds
- Delegate access to private clouds with control of capacity, capabilities and user quotas
- Enable self-service usage for application administrator to author, deploy, manage and decommission applications in the private cloud
- Service Lifecycle Management
- Define service templates to create sets of connected virtual machines, os images and applica tion packages
- Compose operating system images and applications during service deployment
- Scale out the number of virtual machines in a service
- Service performance and health monitoring integrated with System Center Operations Manager
- Decouple OS image and application updates through image-based servicing
- Leverage powerful application virtualization technologies such as Server App-V
- Download the self-extracting VMM.EVALVHD.RC.part01.exe file and the all other “.rar” files
- Download the “Evaluating System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager by Using a Pre-Configured VHD.docx step-by-step instructions for how to use the VHD to create a virtual machine
- Place all downloaded files in the same directory
- Double-click the self-extracting VMM.EVALVHD.RC.part01.exe file to extract the VHD file
- Follow the instructions on the “Evaluating System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager by Using a Pre-Configured VHD.docx” file to complete the setup of VMM
And ENJOY this fine new upcoming version of SCVMM 2012.