As of today Citrix XenServer version 6.0.2 is available for download here. You are required to have a MyCitrix account to download this software. If you don’t have an account please register.
New Features and Improvements Since XenServer 6.0
We are pleased to announce availability of XenServer 6.0.2. This version includes a number of new features and ongoing improvements to XenServer 6.0, including:
- Emergency Network Reset: Network Reset provides a simple mechanism to recover and reset a host’s networking configuration to its original state at fresh installation. This is also useful when you simply want to configure networking on a host from scratch, and helps to recover a host from an incorrectly configured state. Refer to CTX131972for detailed information.
- Enhanced Guest OS Support. Support for CentOS 5.7 (32/64-bit), CentOS 6.0 (32/64-bit), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 (32/64-bit), Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.7 (32/64-bit). Refer to CTX131973for virtual memory and disk size limits for these new guests.
- Windows XenServer Tools Improvements. Windows Guests now can make use of either .Net 3.5 or .Net 4.0 when installing XenServer Tools.
Hotfixes XS60E001, XS60E002, XS60E003 and XS60E004 are integrated is this version so no need to apply these fixes.
Customers upgrading from XenServer 5.6 and later should follow the instructions below. These instructions apply to customers using the XenCenter Rolling Pool Upgrade wizard to upgrade XenServer hosts or pools. For details on upgrading XenServer using the xe CLI, please refer to the Citrix XenServer 6.0 Installation Guide..
Note: For information on upgrading the vSwitch Controller Virtual Appliance, see the Citrix XenServer 6.0 vSwitch Controller User Guide..
Before You Upgrade
- Download version 6.0.2 of XenCenter.
- Citrix strongly recommends that you take a backup of the state of your existing pool using the pool-dumpdatabase xe CLI command (refer to the Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administrator’s Guide.for more details.
- Consider suspending any non-critical VMs to ensure that hosts have sufficient memory to carry out the upgrade.
- Ensure that any running Windows VMs have XenServer Tools installed. Running a Windows VM without XenServer Tools installed is an unsupported configuration. Refer to the note below if you have running Windows VMs in this configuration.
More information on upgrading to version 6.0.2 can be found in this CTX article.
For the emergency network reset guide click here.