Hotfix package name: XD210DDirector001.zipFor: Computers running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit) with Service Pack 2, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 installed
Replaces: All previous versions Date: March, 2012 Languages supported: English (US), Japanese (JA), Simplified Chinese (SC) Readme version:1.00
Readme Revision History
|1.00||March, 2012||Initial release|
Important Note(s) about This Release
Caution! This release may require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Where to Find Documentation
This document describes the issue(s) resolved by this release and includes installation instructions. For additional product information, see Citrix eDocs, the Citrix Product Documentation Library.
New Fixes in This Release
- After upgrading from Version 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0 of Desktop Director to Version 2.1 of Desktop Director, the following error message is displayed in the User/Machine Details page:
“Failed to retrieve data: Server reported unexpected error (error code 100). View server event logs for further information.”
For more information see Knowledge Center article CTX132851.
Fixes from Replaced Hotfixes
No hotfixes were replaced by this release.
Installing and Uninstalling This Release
- This release is packaged as a .zip file containing the replacement DesktopDirector.msi file. For more information about deploying msi files, see Microsoft article 884016 or visit the Microsoft Web siteand search on keyword msiexec.
- To install this hotfix successfully, servers must not have registry modification restrictions in place.
- This hotfix might or might not prompt you to restart the server when the installation or uninstallation is complete. You must restart the server for the installation to complete.
- If the need arises to restore the original settings and functionality provided by this hotfix, you must uninstall the hotfix before reinstalling it according to the installation instructions below.
To install this hotfix:
- Copy the file to a shared folder on the network.
- Extract the compressed file and save the DesktopDirector.msi file on the computer you want to update.
- Run the .msi file.
- Restart the computer.
To uninstall this hotfix:
Note: If you want to remove the configuration details for Desktop Director, run the DesktopDirectorconfig.exe tool from c:inetpubwwwrootdesktopdirectortools using the /uninstall switch before uninstalling this hotfix.
- From the Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight the hotfix you want to uninstall and click Remove.
- Follow the directions on-screen.
You can download the hotfix here and view the original post on the Citrix website here.