Citrix has released XenClient Enterprise version 4.1.
You can download the latest version of XenClient Enterprise at the Citrix Download center. A My Citrix ID is neccesary for access to the downloads.
Documentation on this new version can be found here.
|XenClient Enterprise Quick Start Guide
|XenClient Enterprise Engine – Installation Guide
|XenClient Enterprise Synchronizer – Installation Guide
Citrix has released today a new version (6.1) of it’s AppDNA software.
You can download the software at the Citrix download center (with a valid My Citrix ID) and documentation for this product can be found here.
|AppDNA 6.0 Basic User Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Effort Calculator Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Setup and Optimization Best Practice Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Installation Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Administration Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Web Application Capture User Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Integration Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Release Notes
|AppDNA 6.0 Production Manager Configuration Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Advanced Feature Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Self Provisioning User Guide
|AppDNA 6.0 Forward Path Planning Guide
As you could read in this post Citrix has released Hotfix Rollup pack 1 for XenApp along side the Feature Pack.
In this post is described what the changes, replaced hotfixes and fixes are.
This hotfix rollup pack replaces the following hotfixes:
XA650W2K8R2X64001, XA650W2K8R2X64002, XA650W2K8R2X64004, XA650W2K8R2X64005, XA650W2K8R2X64006, XA650W2K8R2X64007, XA650W2K8R2X64008, XA650W2K8R2X64009, XA650W2K8R2X64011, XA650W2K8R2X64012, XA650W2K8R2X64013, XA650W2K8R2X64014, XA650W2K8R2X64015, XA650W2K8R2X64016, XA650W2K8R2X64017, XA650W2K8R2X64018, XA650W2K8R2X64019, XA650W2K8R2X64020, XA650W2K8R2X64021, XA650W2K8R2X64022, XA650W2K8R2X64023, XA650W2K8R2X64024, XA650W2K8R2X64025, XA650W2K8R2X64026, XA650W2K8R2X64027, XA650W2K8R2X64028, XA650W2K8R2X64029, XA650W2K8R2X64030
- Caution: Several items in this hotfix rollup pack require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Skype might not recognize the camera, in which case the video portion of the Skype call is missing. To avoid this, make sure the camera is connected before launching Skype. If necessary, sign out of Skype and then sign back into Skype. In some cases, it might be necessary to disconnect and reconnect the camera before signing back into Skype.
Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
This hotfix addresses the following issue reported against Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 Release:
BUG0321533: Booting in a VMware environment can take more than 4 minutes to get past the bootstrap portion of the boot process. This has only been reported using ESX 4.1
Installing this Hotfix
• The user must have administrative rights to the server.
• If using vSphere 5.0 you must set the bootstrap and/or BDM to use Interrupt Safe Mode or it hang on boot. You do not have to set the Interrupt Safe Mode for vSphere 5 update 1 or any other version of ESX.
To install this hotfix: Continue reading “Hotfix for Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1”
It’s has been a while since Citrix has released the news that Feature Pack 01 would be available late June. Well here it is.
You can download the Feature Pack 01 at these locations at the downloads section (with a valid My Citrix ID):
More information about the Feature Pack 01 is to come later today.
This article describes how to use the vDisk Update Management feature in Provisioning Services 6.x and how to test the image prior to configuring it for a production environment.
- A working Provisioning Services 6.x environment
- Access to Provisioning Services console
- Access to hypervisor console with rights to create a new virtual machine from a template
To use vDisk Update Management feature in Provisioning Services 6.x, complete the following procedure:
The black Desktop Viewer toolbar does not show up in the user XenApp or XenDesktop ICA session.
The issue is caused by NOT having the ShowDesktopViewer parameter set to On in the WebInterface.conf file on the Web Interface server.
To resolve this issue, complete the following procedure:
- Logon to the machine hosting the Web Interface as an administrator user.
- Open the C:InetpubwwwrootCitrixXenAppconf folder for Web Interface connections.
- Open the C:InetpubwwwrootCitrixPNAgentconf folder for PNAgent connections.
- Edit the WebInterface.conf file in both these locations.
- Update the configuration file to remove the ‘#’ and set ShowDesktopViewer=On.
- It is officially supported in XenDesktop environments.
- It is included with the online plug-in and is installed by default on client devices.
- It is available in Windowed Mode or Full Screen Mode.
- It integrates easily into single and multiple monitor environments.
- The toolbar provides easy access to Display and HDX preferences.
- It provides toolbar shortcuts to switch between multiple Hosted Shared Desktop sessions with ease.
Read the original article here at the Citrix knowledgebase.
Users experience slow logons on sites with Read-Only Domain Controllers (RODC). Administrators may also notice a spike in processor usage by winlogon.exe for up to 30 seconds.
The existence of Read-Only Domain Controllers is causing Active Directory Service Interface (ADSI) calls to take a long time, which in turn is causing a slow logon and winlogon to spike.
Switch away from Read-Only Domain Controllers on the site where you are experiencing the issue.
Citrix have diagnosed the root-cause behind this issue, and a Private fix is available for XenApp 5, XenApp 6, and XenApp 6.5. As this fix is still a private fix, you must contact Citrix Support to obtain a copy of this.
Please quote CPR Ref: LA1617 when contacting support to assist with locating the correct fix.
Read the original article at the Knowledgebase here.
Who Should Install This Driver Disk?
Customers running Citrix XenServer 6.0.2 with CTX133812 – Hotfix XS602E005 – For XenServer 6.0.2 who use Emulex OneCommand to manage their Emulex Fibre Channel (FC) Host Bus Adapters (HBA), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) Converged Network Adapters (CNA), and Ethernet Network Adapters and wish to upgrade to the latest support version of the this driver.
Issues Resolved In This Driver Disk
Hotfix XS602E005 updated the XenServer 6.0.2 Dom0 kernel version to 126.96.36.199-0.7.1.xs188.8.131.522.170672.
This driver is re-issued for compatibility with this new kernel version. The functionality of this driver has not been modified since its first release with XenServer 6.0.2. Refer to CTX132611 – Driver Disk for Emulex Be2net 4.0.359.0 and Lpfc 184.108.40.206.4p – For XenServer 6.0.2 for details.
For downloading and more information about installation of the drivers visit the knowledgebase center.
Citrix has released version 1 of the simple License server.
You can download the Simple License server here (with a valid My Citrix ID).
About the Citrix Simple License Service 220.127.116.11
The Citrix Simple License Service enables you to allocate and install license files on a license server using a web page interface. This allows products using the Windows based license server to seamlessly allocate, download, and add licenses to their environment directly from the License Server instead of having to visit the My Citrix portal.
Install the Simple License Service on a license server and connect to it locally with the Start menu shortcut or remotely with the Simple License Service URL.
- Install the Simple License Service on the license server on which you want to install licenses. To install licenses on another license server, install the Simple License Service on that license server or use My Citrix at http://citrix.com.
- License Server 11.6.1 (build 10007) to 11.10 for Windows only (License Server VPX is not supported)
- License Access Code supplied in email from Citrix
- Supported Browsers: