This article describes how to change the Security ID (SID) of a machine in a Dedicated Catalog. Note: A dedicated machine might fail to register with the DDC after removing and rejoining it to a domain because of the change in the SID of the machine.
Capturing the Current Configuration of the Broken Machine
- Identify the Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) of the broken machines from the Host Console, as displayed in the following screen shot:
- Load a PowerShell window as a full administrator. Note: This same administratordeployed XenDesktop previously.
- Run the following command to initialize the PowerShell environment. Add-PSSnapin Citrix.*
- Gather the Catalog configuration of the machine using the get-broker machine command:
- Copy the results to a Text file for review
Removing Machine from the Environment
- From Console, power off the machine and place the broken machine into maintenance mode.
- Remove Broken machine from desktop group.
- Remove Broken machine from catalog.
- From the PowerShell console, use the following syntax to add the previously broken machine to the catalog using the machines current SID as the machine name: