This article contains information regarding the CDF modules available for selection when capturing a Citrix Diagnostic Facility (CDF) trace for Citrix Universal Print Server (UPS) issues.
CDF Control utility is available at:
Ensure all the prerequisite components are installed and basic troubleshooting is performed prior to capturing a CDF trace.
To capture a CDF trace for Citrix Universal Print Server (UPS) Issues, perform the following tasks:
- Open CDFCONTROL on the machine where the CDF trace must be captured. Note: Select the Advanced level of tracing as per CTX104578 – How to use Citrix Diagnostic Facility and the Access Suite Console to Trace Issues.
Data To Record = Advanced Class of Data = 0xffffff Detail Level = 16
- Select the following modules:
UPS Specific Modules:
– MF_DLL_UpProtocol – MF_DLL_UpProv – MF_DLL_UpWebService – MF_Service_UPServer – Policy_UPS_Printing – Setting_UPS_Printing
Policy Specific Modules: – MX_CseClient – MX_CseEngine – MX_GroupPolicy_DataModel – MX_GroupPolicy_Filters – MX_GroupPolicy_Gui – MX_GroupPolicy_Provider – MX_GroupPolicy_utilites
XTE Specific Modules: – XTE_mod_async_engine – XTE_mod_cgp – XTE_mod_multiplexer – XTE_mod_schannel – XTE_mod_socks – XTE_mod_ticket – XTE_mod_vhost_throttle – XTE_mod_winevent_log
- Start the CDF tracing process before reproducing the issue. After the issue is reproduced, stop the CDF tracing and upload the .etl file created. The trace can either be uploaded as an attachment to an email or via TAAS.
Be sure to include your Service Request Number in the subject line and include firstname.lastname@example.org in the “TO” or “CC” field.
- Open http://taas.citrix.com/.
- Click the Upload button.
- Log on using your MyCitrix account.
- Read and agree to the Data Collection and Privacy statement by clicking the Agree button.
- Enter the Service Request # to the Support Case #: field.
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- Click Select File which initiates a java plug in. Click Run Now or Accept.
- Use the open file dialogue to select the .etl file containing the requested data. The requested data uploads to Citrix, and you must receive a confirmation from email@example.com.
Read the original post here on the Citrix Knowledgebase.