Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
This hotfix addresses the following issues reported against Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 release.
BUG0321026 When a ERR_SA_EXPIRE license is detected, it’s incorrectly treated as the License server is not available, this may cause the PVS Server to enter the licensing grace period.
Installing and Uninstalling this Hotfix
• The user must have administrative rights to the server.
• It is highly recommended that before installing this hotfix that you apply Hotfix CPVS61E003 – For Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 (CTX133349) before applying this hotfix.
To install this hotfix:
1. Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site here.
2. Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to install the hotfix from and unzip the file.
Steps to install the hotfix:
The hotfix folder includes the following two subfolders:
server32bit (32bit Windows installation)
server64bit (64bit Windows installation)
Please check your Provisioning Services server for system type and select the correct subfolder to apply the hotfix following the procedure described below.
1. From the Provisioning Services server machine, stop “Citrix PVS Soap Server” and “Citrix PVS Stream Service” from the Computer Management’s “Services” control panel.
2. From the Provisioning Services installation directory (Default is C:Program FilesCitrixProvisioning Services), backup the following file:
3. Copy the following files included in the selected hotfix subfolder to the Provisioning Services installation directory, make sure you copy from the appropriate subfolder (“server32bit” or “server64bit”) for your server machine type:
where “x” is 32bit or 64bit depending on the system.
4. Restart the “Citrix PVS Soap Server” and “Citrix PVS Stream Service”.
To uninstall this hotfix:
Follow the same procedure for installation replacing the new files with the original files backed up.