New Fixes in This Release
HDX MediaStream Flash redirection does not work for any site when the "Flash URL compatibility list" policy is enabled and a site is added to the list – regardless whether it specified to render on the server, on the client, or to be blocked.
Fixes from Replaced Hotfixes
At times of heavy logon/logoff activity, one or more of the following can be observed:
- Applications can exit unexpectedly.
- During logon attempts, an Error 1030 appears on the endpoint.
- During logoff attempts, the Virtual Desktop Agent returns to the Logon screen and the endpoint continues to display the Desktop Viewer.
Accessing certain Web sites with Internet Explorer and HDX MediaStream for Flash enabled can cause the Web page to become unresponsive, displaying only a cyan background.
Server-side content fetching can exhibit poor performance in restrictive WAN conditions due to the lack of flow control in the Flash Virtual Channel. This fix corrects the flow control for the Flash Virtual Channel and provides smooth playback of Flash objects. For information about configuring server-side content fetching, see http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/xendesktop-als/hd-flash-configure-server-ad.html.
Note : To address this issue in its entirety, you must install hotfixes that contain Fix #LA0686 for each of the following:
- Citrix Receiver
- Virtual Desktop Agent
- HDX MediaStream for Flash
With server-side content fetching enabled, Flash content can take unexpectedly long (up to six minutes) to start rendering in the session.
With HDX Mediastream for Flash enabled, opening and closing multiple tabs in Internet Explorer with Flash content can cause Internet Explorer to become unresponsive.
Installing and Uninstalling this Release
- This release is packaged as a .zip file containing the replacement CitrixHDXMediaStreamForFlash-ServerInstall-x64.msi. For more information about deploying msi files, see Microsoft article 884016 or visit the Microsoft Web site and search on keyword msiexec.
- To install this hotfix successfully, servers must not have registry modification restrictions in place.
- This hotfix might or might not prompt you to restart the server when the installation or uninstallation is complete. You must restart the server for the installation to complete.
- If the need arises to restore the original settings and functionality provided by this hotfix, you must uninstall the hotfix before reinstalling it according to the installation instructions below.
To install this hotfix:
- Copy the file to a shared folder on the network.
- Extract the compressed file and save the CitrixHDXMediaStreamForFlash-ServerInstall-x64.msi file on the computer you want to update.
- Run the .msi file.
- Restart the computer.
To uninstall this hotfix:
- From the Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight the hotfix you want to uninstall and click Remove.
- Follow the directions on-screen.
You can download this hotfix here.