Citrix has released 2 hotifxies for Provisioning Services 6.1. CPVS61E011 and CPVS61E014. Issues resolved in hotfix CPVS61E011 can be found here.
Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
This hotfix addresses the following issues reported against Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 release:
BUG-331252: PVS Console crashes when doing Copy/Paste of server or vdisk properties.
BUG-331465: PVS Console does not allow you to alter the vdisk description after the vdisk is created.
BUG-331474: When exporting vdisk versions and importing into new store, the previous merge base cannot be deleted by using the PVS console. You do not get the option to delete the merge version as you do on the original store.
Installing and Uninstalling this Hotfix
• The user must have administrative rights to the server.
• Hotfix CPVS61E003 – For Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 (CTX133349), must be applied before installing this hotfix.
To install this hotfix:
1. Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com.
2. Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to install the hotfix from and unzip the file.
Steps to install the hotfix:
The hotfix folder includes the following two subfolders:
server32bit (32bit Windows installation)
server64bit (64bit Windows installation)
Please check your Provisioning Services server for system type and select the correct subfolder to apply the hotfix following the procedure described below.
1. Make sure that the Provisioning Services Console and Provisioning Services Configuration Wizard are closed.
2. From the Provisioning Services server machine, stop the “Citrix PVS Soap Server” from the Computer Management’s “Services” control panel.
3. From the Provisioning Services installation directory (Default is C:Program FilesCitrixProvisioning Services), backup the following file:
4. Copy the following files included in the selected hotfix subfolder to the Provisioning Services installation directory:
(where “x” is 32bit or 64bit depending on the system.)
5. Backup the following file from the Provisioning Services Console installation directory (Default is C:Program FilesCitrixProvisioning Services Console):
6. Copy the following file included in the selected hotfix subfolder to the Provisioning Services Console installation directory (Default is C:Program FilesCitrixProvisioning Services Console):
7. Restart the “Citrix PVS Soap Server”.
8. To modify the vDisk description, right-click on the vDisk in the Console, select Properties then click Identification Tab and make modification in the Description text box.
To uninstall this hotfix:
Follow the same procedure for installation replacing the new files with the original files backed up.
You can download the hotfix here from the Citrix knowledgebase.