Microsoft has released an update for Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This article includes information about the contents of the update and how to obtain the update.
Issues that are fixed
This update lets servers that are running Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP2 provide updates to computers that are running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Installation of update 2720211 may fail if Service Pack 2 was previously uninstalled and then reinstalled.
- After you install update 2720221, health monitoring may fail if the WSUS server is configured to use SSL.
Additionally, this update includes the following fixes:
- 2530678 System Center Update Publisher does not publish customized updates to a computer if WSUS 3.0 SP2 and the .NET Framework 4 are installed
- 2530709 “Metadata only” updates cannot be expired or revised in WSUS 3.0 SP2
- 2720211 An update for Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 is available
- Update 2720211 is included in this update and strengthens the WSUS communication channels.
- The Windows Update Agent (WUA) on computers that are managed by this WSUS server will be automatically upgraded as needed after you apply this update.
- WSUS must be in a known, good working state for this update to work. If WSUS is configured to synchronize updates from Microsoft Update, make sure that WSUS can synchronize updates. And, clients must be able to communicate with the WSUS server.
Download the update here at the Microsoft knowledgebase.