The IEAK 10 Pre-Release contains programs and tools to help you customize, deploy, and administer Internet Explorer 10 (currently available only with Windows 8) within an organization.
Download the kit today and check out these resources for more information:
Today I was surprised by an email from MS Learning that I had achieved the MCSA status for Windows 7. Here’s a screenshot of the mail I received. I was not the only one because on twitter it was buzzing with the same kind of messages that people received this email.
When I checked the MS Learning website it stated that I am MCSA Windows 7 and Server 2008 since April 14th of this year. Oh well, better late then never with the notifications .
I’ve dedicated another post to the different MCSA and MCSE certification tracks. But in short this is how you achieve the MCSA Server 2008 and Windows 7 status:
- MCITP Server Administrator = MCSA Server 2008
- MCITP Desktop Administrator = MCSA Windows 7
The following list summarizes VMM enhancements and new functionality in the System Center 2012 SP1 release. Additional details are provided further below.
- System Requirements:
Changes to supported versions of the operating system, and other required software. For a complete list of supported configurations, see System Requirements for System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager.
- New model for virtual machine networking, including network virtualization and VLANs for network isolation.
- Management of the Hyper-V extensible switch, including deployment and configuration of virtual switch extensions using a new logical switch concept.
- Support for Network Virtualization with the support for using DHCP to assign customer addresses, and for using either the IP rewrite or Network Virtualization with Generic Routing Encapsulation (NVGRE) mechanism to virtualize the IP address of a virtual machine. Continue reading “What’s New in System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1)”
S Rachui, a MS Technical Account Manager, has written a very good overview of all the System Center parts and how to study it.
Take a look at this website with the overview and link to all other posts regarding this great learning guide.
Microsoft® Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell® (Release Candidate) helps scripters find Windows PowerShell scripts, snippets, modules, and how-to guidance in online repositories such as the TechNet Script Center Repository, PoshCode, local or network file systems and Bing Search Repository. Microsoft® Script Explorer enables:
- Integrated community and Microsoft resources to help you unlock the power of Windows PowerShell.
- Seamless searching across online repositories to locate script samples relevant to you.
- Establishing and searching local, network, and corporate script repository is easy.
You can download the software from here.
Personal vDisk v5.6.7 provides a redesigned filter driver that improves overall application compatibility. This release also removes the need for an assigned drive letter for the app space (currently the V: drive) and offers dynamic free space balance between the apps and profile space on the user’s personal vDisk. This release reduces the PvD generated CPU overhead by 44%.
You can download Personal vDisk v5.6.7 here from the Citrix download center. A valid My Citrix ID is required to download the software.
You can read or download the administrator’s guide here.
HP has released a small PDF which helps you to install and configure Server 2012 on HP hardware.
Read or download the PDF here.
A grab of the document:
This paper identifies the HP ProLiant servers and ProLiant server platform options that we support with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and provides information that can assist you during your OS installation1. The information applies to both Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition and Microsoft Windows Server Standard Edition. Their differences in virtualization support make them appropriate for different environments:
• Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition provides unlimited virtual instances, making it ideal for highly virtualized private and hybrid cloud environments.
• Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition provides two virtual instances, making it ideal for low density or non-virtualized environments.
This paper addresses the following key topics:
• Recommended system configurations
• Supported HP ProLiant servers
• Supported ProLiant server platform options, including:
Software and drivers
• Procedures for a new installation
• Known issues and workarounds
Citrix Support is focused on ensuring Customer and Partner satisfaction with their products. Here are the Top 10 viewed Knowledge Center article per group for August 2012.
Top 10 Technical Articles
||How to Change the Registration Port for XenDesktop 5 Desktop Delivery Controller and VDA
||Recommended Citrix and Microsoft Hotfixes for XenApp 6 and Windows Server 2008 R2
||Application Launch Fails with Web Interface using Internet Explorer 9
||Citrix Receiver Error 2320
||Users Prompted to Download ICA File, Launch.ica, Instead of Launching the Connection
||Error: Cannot connect to the Citrix server. Protocol Driver Error
||Issues Fixed in XenApp, XenDesktop, and Component Technologies
||Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – Access Gateway VPN Client Fails
||Seamless Configuration Settings
||Citrix Receiver 3.2 – Issues Fixed in This Release
Continue reading “Citrix Knowledge Center Top 10 – August 2012”
A number of security vulnerabilities have been identified in Citrix XenServer. These vulnerabilities affect all currently supported versions of Citrix XenServer up to and including version 6.0.2.
The following denial of service and guest-to-host privilege escalation vulnerabilities have been addressed:
• hypercall physdev_get_free_pirq vulnerability (CVE-2012-3495)
• PHYSDEVOP_map_pirq index vulnerability (CVE-2012-3498)
• Qemu VT100 emulation vulnerability (CVE-2012-3515)
• Grant table entry swaps have inadequate bounds checking (CVE-2012-3516)
• HVM guest user mode MMIO emulation DoS vulnerability (CVE-2012-3432)
• HVM guest destroy p2m teardown host DoS vulnerability (CVE-2012-3433)
• hypercall set_debugreg vulnerability (CVE-2012-3494)
• XENMEM_populate_physmap DoS vulnerability (CVE-2012-3496)
• PV guest console vulnerability (CVE-2012-4606) Continue reading “Citrix XenServer Multiple Security Updates”
Microsoft has released an update for Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This article includes information about the contents of the update and how to obtain the update.
Issues that are fixed
This update lets servers that are running Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP2 provide updates to computers that are running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
This update fixes the following issues: