Citrix has released the second Tech Preview of Project Thor.
The Project Thor Tech Preview enables administrators to orchestrate the tasks required to deliver applications both to end-users and XenApp Servers seamlessly with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. With the Project Thor Connector, administrators can:
- Extend the Configuration Manager 2012 user-centric and rules-based application delivery capabilities to deliver applications to users in the most appropriate manner for the device they are using: MSI, App-V, CAB, or XenApp
- Orchestrate the process of deploying applications to XenApp servers, farms, and worker groups from within the Configuration Manager console, both directly, for traditionally managed farms, as well as for streamed farms when used in conjunction with Provisioning Services
The Project Thor Connector ensures high availability by optionally leveraging the Power and Capacity Management Concentrator to gracefully orchestrate the deployment of applications and software updates without any downtime for users.
The Thor Connector also enables user self-service access to applications delivered by XenApp from the Configuration Manager Application Catalog as well as Citrix Receiver.
In addition to these features, Thor Technology Preview 2 incorporates numerous improvements over Thor Technical Preview 1, including:
- Support for the new App-V 5 DT.
- Numerous Tech Preview 1 customer issues (and “customer experience” issues) addressed.
- Numerous visual supportability improvements to “hand-hold” the administrator through the initial configuration steps to make the first-use experience simple and delightful.
- Highly simplified XenApp publishing experience for MSI DT based apps.
- Full Command Line/Silent install support of the Connector.
- High-availability built in.
- Fully supports SCCM 2012 SP1.
- Fully supports Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
You can download this Tech Preview with a valid MyCitrix ID here.