Previously hotfixes for all Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 components were delivered as loose binaries and that resulted in overhead for customers and required many manual steps to track and deploy the hotfixes correctly. To improve the customer experience, the Server and Console hotfixes will now be provided as an installation package only. The advantages of having an installer include:
- Reducing manual tasks for deploying hotfix
- Tracking what hotfixes are installed on the local machine
For the Target device, based on the customer feedback we will continue to only provide loose binaries as a flexible deployment option.
• PVS Server: Hotfixes for the Provisioning Services Server component will be delivered as a cumulative install package.
• PVS Console: Hotfixes for the Provisioning Services Console component will be delivered as a cumulative install package.
• PVS Target Device: Hotfixes for the Provisioning Services Target Device will only be delivered as individual binaries. The only exception will be when a fix included in the hotfix requires an installation package. Please refer to the update guide for instructions on how to update your Target Device CTX135746 – How to Install Citrix Provisioning Service 6.1 Target Device Hotfixes
Read the original article here.