Ever wanted to disable certain client drives in your XenApp or XenDesktop environment?
Here’s a good way to disable certain client drive mappings through either the registry or the Web Interface.
Disabling Specific Client Drive Mappings at the registry
- Log on to a client machine with Receiver 13.x installed, as a user with administrative rights.
- For 64bit operating systems, navigate to registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeCitrixICA ClientEngineConfigurationAdvancedModulesClientDrive
- For 32bit operating systems, navigate to registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARECitrixICA ClientEngineConfigurationAdvancedModulesClientDrive
- At the DisableDrives string value, add the value data as the Client Drive letters to be disabled. Do not add commas between drive letters while disabling multiple drives.
Disabling Specific Client Drive Mappings for a Web Interface Site
- Navigate to C:inetpubwwwrootCitrixNAME OF SITEconf.
- Open default.ica with notepad.
- Under the section [WFCLIENT] add DisableDrives=DriveLetter.
- All ICA sessions launched from the corresponding Web Interface Browser Site has the specified Client Drive disabled.