Citrix has released today version 6.1 of it’s Branch Repeater software.
The following enhancements are available in this release.
- Repeater VPX is now supported on Microsoft’s Hyper-V hypervisor running under 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 SP1, in addition to XenServer and VMWare vSphere. The features and specifications of Repeater VPX under Hyper-V are the same as those under the other hypervisors. See chapter 7.
- The Windows file system (CIFS) and Outlook/Exchange protocol (MAPI) are now supported with NTLM 2 and Kerberos encryption, allowing traffic on Windows domains running with the default security settings to be accelerated. Previously, only NTLM 1 encryption was supported, and NTLM 1 is not enabled by default in Windows domains. These features are available automatically whenever the appliances have joined a Windows domain and have designated a Kerberos delegate user. See section 4.19.
- The Windows file system (CIFS) and Outlook/Exchange protocol (MAPI) now support encrypted traffic involving multiple domains, such as when the client is a member of example1.com and the server is a member of example2.com, provided that the appliance, the client, and the server are all members of domains that have established mutual trust. This feature is available automatically when the appliance has joined one of the mutually trusting domains. See section 4.19.
- The Repeater Plug-in is now supported in release 6.1. Previously, it was supported only in release 5.x. New features include enhanced CIFS and MAPI support, matching those of the appliances, when appropriate security credentials are installed on the Plug-in. See chapter 6.
- To reduce the resources used on routers supporting the appliance in WCCP mode, the WCCP “MASK” option now uses a single-bit mask. The previous multibit mask could reduce performance on routers and smart switches with limited resources. This behavior is automatic. See section 4.13.
The full release notes can be found here.
The Branch Repeater VPX for XenServer, VMWare V-Sphere and Hyper-V can be downloaded here.
The Repeater plug-in can be downloaded directly here.
As usual all software listed above can only be downloaded with a valid MyCitrix ID in conjunction with a valid Branch Repeater licence.
Software Release Highlights in 6.1.0
In addition to the bug fixes, this software release includes the following enhancements:
- Signed SMB2 support with Kerberos (supports NTLMv2)
- Encrypted MAPI (with multi domain Support
- Support for WCCP L2 with NSLB on all platforms (SDX and general BR appliances)
- 6.1 Repeater Acceleration Plug-In
- WCCP Mask enhancements to support low end routers
- ShowTechSupport – Diagnostic Data Collections – Some UI enhancements
- Branch Repeater VPX on Hyper-V
- Customer Bug Fixes