Citrix announced today that its market-leading remote support product, Citrix GoToAssist, now offers an expanded feature set to address the growing IT demand to support mobile devices. As recent research has indicated, mobile workstyles and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) company initiatives are becoming accepted business practices, putting increased pressure on IT staff to deliver fast and efficient mobile device support both on and off company networks. The new GoToAssist capabilities enable IT professionals to deliver responsive remote support of iOS devices. In addition, remote support sessions can be initiated directly from the mobile devices themselves, using new GoToAssist apps for Android and iOS. Both applications offer free unlimited remote support for attended sessions.
New Feature Highlights:
- Remote Support of iOS Devices: IT professionals now have the ability to provide support for iPad and iPhone users and their mobile devices via optimized chat, as well as the ability to conduct secure chat sessions, update profiles and configure device settings remotely. Profiles created with the iPhone Configuration Utility can also be shared to troubleshoot problems and set business policies.
- GoToAssist for Android – free remote support app: IT professionals can deliver live support anytime, anywhere directly from their Android mobile device, instantly connecting to their clients’ computers at no cost. In addition, GoToAssist paid subscribers receive the added benefits of access to unattended machines, diagnostic viewing and other support tools.
- Updated GoToAssist App for iPad: In the new version, paid subscribers can now view diagnostic information about the computer supported, email the .TXT file of all the diagnostic reports, and transfer support sessions started from the GoToAssist Expert desktop application to the GoToAssist app for iPad (and vice versa).
- Session Recording: This new optional recording feature captures active support and chat sessions for auditing and training, enabling better monitoring of technician effectiveness and customer support. Recordings are stored for 90 days in standard downloadable MPEG-4 format.
- Language Support: International versions of GoToAssist Remote Support and Monitoring are now available in French and German. GoToAssist Remote Support offers users the ability to provide support to PCs, Macs and iOS devices and from PCs, Macs, Android and iPad devices.
Read the entire press release here.