This article describes how to enable continuous CDF tracing in Provisioning Services 7.0.
With the introduction of Provisioning Services 7.0, the Provisioning Services logging mechanism has changed from persistent log files to CDF tracing. Provisioning Services no longer logs streaming event to a log file. You must configure CDF tracing to capture persistent logging for determining the root cause of a problem.
To enable continuous CDF tracing in Provisioning Services 7.0, complete the following procedure:
- Download CDFMonitor.
- Download the Provisioning Services specific configuration file from this article.
- Extract the files to the C:cdfmonitor folder.
- Replace the CDFMonitor.exe.config that comes with CDFMonitor with the one downloaded from this article.
- Open a command line interface and open the C:cdfmonitor folder.
- Run the following command:
CDFMonitor runs as a service that persists even after the server restarts. Continuous CDF trace is then captured on all modules. The trace file will grow to 100 MB in size and will rotate between five files. The moment the CDFMonitor service is restarted, a new CDF trace file is created.
You can read more instructions and download the special CDFMonitor.exe here.