Citrix has released a hotfix for VDIin-a-Box (VIAB).
Enhancements in This Release
- Includes Personal vDisk 5.6.9. For further details, see http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX134846. There are no release notes for 5.6.9, but the issues fixed are the same as for 5.6.10 except for fix #359206, which is irrelevant to VDI-in-a-Box.
- Support for multiple Active Directory (AD) domains with two-way trust relationship for user authentication and AD global context (GC) lookup for AD Universal Principal Name (UPN). For further details, see http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX136845.
Citrix has released the Tech Preview of Project Bermuda. This release delivers a simple, complete VDI solution with personalized and pooled desktops. It runs on latest Windows operating systems, supports latest hypervisors, and integrates with your existing Citrix environment. Project Bermuda extends Citrix VDI-in-a-Box with several features:
- Support for Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, enabling you to stay current with Windows Server technologies
- Deliver central storefront through Citrix Cloud Gateway, providing single point access to virtual desktops from any device
- Optimization pack for Microsoft Lync, offering unified communications platform for high-definition user experience
Note: This software is not supported in a production environment
You can download the Tech Preview here. You require a valid MyCitrix ID to download this Tech Preview.
Citrix has created an overview of the communication ports used for their VDI-in-a-Box software.
The following table lists a brief description of each component and what network ports and protocols are used: Continue reading “Communication ports used by VDI-in-a-Box 5.1”
Citrix has released version 5.1 of it's VDI-in-a-box product recently. This post gives an overview of several articles written by Citrix to configure and use this product to the fullest of it's capabilities.