Citrix has released a new hotfix for it’s free hypervisor XenServer version 6.0.2. Read here what issues are fixed and how to install it.
Issues Resolved In This Hotfix
This hotfix resolves the following issues:
- Windows Virtual Machines (VM) may hang during the boot process and may have to be forced to reboot.
- When Dynamic Memory Control (DMC) is enabled the VMâs virtual memory space may become 100% consumed, this can lead to applications failing to start, freezing and so on.
- After a VM migration, Debian 5.0 (Lenny) VMs can crash, hang, or display the incorrect time.
- When the Citrix Xen Guest Agent service is running, Cut and Paste will not work between a XenDesktop virtual desktop and the endpoint device.
Installing the Hotfix
- The attachment to this article is a zip file. It contains the hotfix update package. Customers should use either XenCenter or the XenServer Command Line Interface (CLI) to install this update. As with any software update, please back up your data before applying this hotfix. Citrix recommends updating all hosts within a pool sequentially. Upgrading of hosts should be scheduled to minimize the amount of time the pool runs in a mixed state where some hosts have been upgraded and some have not. Running a mixed pool of updated and non-updated hosts for general operation is not supported. Continue reading “Hotfix XS602E009 for XenServer 6.0.2”