Microsoft is announcing changes to the roadmaps of some of the security solutions made available under the Forefront brand.
- As part of this effort, the next release of Forefront Online Protection for Exchange, which has long been part of the Office 365 solution, will be named Exchange Online Protection.
- In response to customer demand, we are adding basic antimalware protection to Exchange Server 2013. This protection can be easily turned off, replaced, or paired with other services (like Exchange Online Protection) to provide a layered defense.
- We are discontinuing any further releases of the following Forefront-branded solutions: Continue reading “Important Changes to Forefront Product Roadmaps”
everyone, a date has come and passed, and we wanted to make sure readers of this blog were aware of it. As of January 11th, 2011 ConfigMgr SP1 Support has ended. The most current Service Pack organizations should be on to remain fully supported is Service Pack 2. Continue reading “Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 End of Support”
Mainstream product support ends for both SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 (.NET 2.0) on April 15, 2011. Mainstream product support for BizTalk Server 2006 and BizTalk Server 2006 R2 end on July 12, 2011. We will be retiring the SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio 2005, and BizTalk Server 2006 exams shown below on June 30, 2011. In other words, you won’t be able to take these exams after June 30th. Continue reading “Retiring SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio 2005, and BizTalk Server 2006 exams”
Here is a complete list of SharePoint Designer 2007 features that have been discontinued in SharePoint Designer 2010.
Below is a overview of features changed in SharePoint Designer 2010: Continue reading “Discontinued features in SharePoint Designer 2010”
March 31, 2010 will be the last day V1 DATs will be transmitted.
On April 1, 2010, McAfee Labs will no longer produce or ship V1 DATs. THIS MEANS THAT ANY V1 ENABLED PRODUCT WILL FAIL TO UPDATE DAT FILES.
Product Versions Affected and Reaching EOL on Mar 31, 2010
– McAfee Email & Web Security Virtual Appliance, Ver. 5.0
– McAfee PortalShield, Ver. 1.0.1
– McAfee SecurityShield, Ver. 1.0
– McAfee Email Gateway, Ver. 6.7.1 HF6
– McAfee Email Edge Gateway, Ver. 2.7.0
– McAfee WebShield SMTP, Ver. 4.5MR3
McAfee recommends moving to the latest supported product version. Please refer to the following McAfee information for more details:
KB60992 (List of which products and versions use V1 vs. V2 DAT files; products with custom support through Dec 31, 2010)
KB60404 (Basic information on V1 & V2 DAT files (Names.dat, Scan.dat, Clean.dat))
McAfee Product End of Life (EOL) List and EOL Policy
On Ocober 31of 2010 the folowing exams will be discontinued. If you need any of these exams to get certified I suggest you take the exam while you can. Continue reading “discontinued exams as of october 31 2010”