Citrix has released a new KB article which clearly describes how to check whether Citrix Universal Print Server has been installed and enabled correclty on your XenApp 6.5 HRP01 environment.
- The Universal Print Server feature comprises a client component – Universal Print Client (UPClient) that needs to be installed on the XenApp server along with Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 (HRP01) that provides the necessary updates implementing support for the UPS. When installed, the two items will appear in the installed programs list in the server Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features Continue reading “How to check if Citrix UPS is installed and enabled on XenApp 6.5”
- Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 resolved over 165 issues reported since the release of XenApp 6.5.
- Supports additional communication software including GoToMeeting with HD Faces, Skype, and Adobe Connect.
- Enhancements to audio virtual channels to help reduce latency.
- Adaptive Display Settings for smooth-running videos and slide shows.
- Windows Media Redirection Enhanced Flow Control.
- XenApp 6.5 Mobility Pack.
- Support for Universal Print Server.
- Support for Internet Explorer 9.
Where to Find Hotfix Rollup Pack 1
To download Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 or to find more information about specific fixes, enhancements, prerequisites, and known issues, see Knowledge Center article CTX132122 – Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 for Citrix XenApp 6.5 for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.
Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 includes 48 fixes that were included in hotfixes, plus 101 fixes previously not released for XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2. These new fixes address a variety of problem types, including: Continue reading “XenApp 6.5 Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 – content and highlights”
As you could read in this post Citrix has released Hotfix Rollup pack 1 for XenApp along side the Feature Pack.
In this post is described what the changes, replaced hotfixes and fixes are.
This hotfix rollup pack replaces the following hotfixes:
XA650W2K8R2X64001, XA650W2K8R2X64002, XA650W2K8R2X64004, XA650W2K8R2X64005, XA650W2K8R2X64006, XA650W2K8R2X64007, XA650W2K8R2X64008, XA650W2K8R2X64009, XA650W2K8R2X64011, XA650W2K8R2X64012, XA650W2K8R2X64013, XA650W2K8R2X64014, XA650W2K8R2X64015, XA650W2K8R2X64016, XA650W2K8R2X64017, XA650W2K8R2X64018, XA650W2K8R2X64019, XA650W2K8R2X64020, XA650W2K8R2X64021, XA650W2K8R2X64022, XA650W2K8R2X64023, XA650W2K8R2X64024, XA650W2K8R2X64025, XA650W2K8R2X64026, XA650W2K8R2X64027, XA650W2K8R2X64028, XA650W2K8R2X64029, XA650W2K8R2X64030
- Caution: Several items in this hotfix rollup pack require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Skype might not recognize the camera, in which case the video portion of the Skype call is missing. To avoid this, make sure the camera is connected before launching Skype. If necessary, sign out of Skype and then sign back into Skype. In some cases, it might be necessary to disconnect and reconnect the camera before signing back into Skype.
New Fixes and Enhancements in This Rollup
This rollup introduces the following fixes that have not been previously released:
|HDX 3D Pro
|HDX Plug and Play
|Installing, Uninstalling, Upgrading
HDX 3D Pro
- With HDX 3D Pro enabled, the Virtual Desktop Agent screen can become unresponsive at logon.[From XD550VDAWX86100][#LA0456] Continue reading “XenDesktop 5.5 Hotfix Rollup Pack 1”