ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Hotfix 960279-2 is now available. This release is a re-post of ePO Hotfix 960279, and addresses an installation issue for 5.x customers who migrated directly from ePO 4.x installations on Windows 32-bit, or had been installed to a custom location under the 64-bit Windows C:Program Files… directory.
To download Hotfix 960279-2, go to the McAfee downloads site below and look for ePOHF960279-2.zip:
Continue reading “ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Hotfix 960279-2”
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) 4.5 Patch 7 is now available. This release includes new features, fixes, and enhancements including:
- All fixes included in previous ePO 4.5 patch releases
- Java Runtime Environment updated to 1.6.0_37
- Apache version updated to 2.2.22
- Patch addresses vulnerabilities listed in SB10041 and SB10042
This patch is rated Mandatory because it resolves product vulnerabilities.
To download ePO 4.5 Patch 7, go to the McAfee downloads site at: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
For a full list of changes, see the Release Notes in PD24495:
McAfee has released 2 new versions yesterday. ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0 and McAfee Agent 4.8 have been released.
ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0:
What’s new in this version:
Use the Upgrade Compatibility Utility to migrate your server configuration from previous ePolicy Orchestrator versions on unsupported server operating systems to a supported operating system. At the same time, identify and prevent incompatible product extensions from running in your ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0 environment.
Help improve McAfee products by periodically collecting data on ePolicy Orchestrator managed systems. Continue reading “McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0 and McAfee Agent 4.8 released”
The Patch 3 package will contain files for both Patch 2 and Patch 3.
Patch 2 files are intended for operating systems prior to Windows 8 / Server 2012.
Patch 3 files are intended for Windows 8 / Server 2012 only.
When the package is added to an ePO repository for distribution via the deployment task, a detection script ensures only the appropriate files are downloaded for that operating system. Operating systems prior to Windows 8 will download and install the Patch 2 files, and Windows 8 / Server 2012 systems will only download and install the Patch 3 files. Continue reading “McAfee VSE8.8 patch 2 and Patch3 differences”
McAfee Agent 4.6 Patch 3 is now fully available through ePO Software Manager, McAfee service portal, and McAfee Downloads site.
To download McAfee Agent 4.6 Patch 3, go to the McAfee downloads site at: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads.
For a full list of changes, see the Release Notes in PD24187:
- The hotfix and Release Notes are attached to this article.
- This release was developed for use with:
- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 Patch 1
- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 Patch 2
- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 Patch 3
- Rating. McAfee recommends this release for all environments. This release is considered a High Priority rating. For information on ratings, see KB51560. Failure to apply a High Priority update may result in potential business impact.
- This hotfix will be included in VSE 8.8 Patch 4 (release schedule still to be determined). This article will be updated when this is posted to the McAfee Downloads site.
- In addition to the state of the service, you can leverage two registry values to qualify the state of scanning. If required, contact McAfee Technical Support, to obtain the registry values.
Issue resolved by VSE 8.8 Hotfix 820636
||Resolved Issue Description
||Issue: Client system properties in ePolicy Orchestrator report that On Access Scanner was running even when certain conditions on client system prevent scanning. Resolution: During system property collection, the VirusScan plugin to the McAfee Agent queries On Access Scanner services and registry to report status with increased accuracy.
For more information and to download the patch click here.
McAfee has released a beta for it’s new version of ePolicy Orchestrator management solution.
This post will describe the installation of the ePolicy Orchestrator server.
First of all download the software here (downloadable after registring as a beta tester).
McAfee has released the third patch for its agent 4.6.0.
This release includes new features, fixes, and enhancements including:
- Support for Windows and Non Windows Builds
- Updated McAfee Agent Extension
- Platform Support for Solaris 11 (Sparc), Scientific Linux 5.7 and 6, and Debian 5.1 and 6.0.4
- Resolved issues as listed in PD24187
To download McAfee Agent 4.6 Patch 3, go to the McAfee downloads site at: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
For a full list of changes, see the Release Notes in PD24187:
ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0 (Beta) is available as of December 12th 2012. McAfee has sent a second email out that the download is available as of this date.
This release includes new features and enhancements, including the following:
- Disaster Recovery, including cold standby/global failover support
- Simplified product deployment workflow
- Improved navigation to the most commonly used ePO areas and features
- Policy Comparison, to review differences between policies or tasks side-by-side
- URL-based Agent Deployment – additional method for deploying agents eases remote deployments
- McAfee Smart Install – small ePO and network aware install manages the Agent installation and configuration
- Hierarchical SuperAgents– SA can now update from known repositories, including other SA
- Agent Relay – based on McAfee Internet Independent Update technology, Agent Relays enable systems with limited network access to share a connection to ePO
- Enhanced Virtualization Support – new installation options and property settings enable better management of virtual environments
To download ePO 5.0 (Beta), go to the McAfee Downloads site at
W32/Autorun.worm.aaeb-h has the ability to infect removable media devices and mounted network shares. It can also copy itself into .zip and .rar archive files.
The infection starts either with manual execution of an infected file or by navigating to a folder that contains infected files. This threat has the ability to download other malware or updates to itself as directed by a Command-and-Control (C&C) server.
McAfee has released an Extra.DAT to detect and clean this threat. A new version of Stinger will be available later. McAfee will send another SNS notice when the Stinger is available.
To download the Extra.DAT and Stinger (when available), see KB76807:
For more information on McAfee product coverage and mitigation for this threat, see PD24169 – Threat Advisory: W32/Autorun.worm.aaeb:
*** UPDATE 21:35 ***
Download the latest stinger tool which can detect and remove this worm here:
How to install an extra.dat file:
To apply the ExtraDAT locally:
Click Start, Run, type services.msc, and click OK.
Right-click the McAfee McShield service and select Stop.
Copy the ExtraDAT file to the following location:
32-bit installations <installation drive>Program FilesCommon FilesMcAfeeEngine 64-bit installations <installation drive>Program Files (x86)Common FilesMcAfeeEngine
In the Services window, right-click McAfee McShield and select Start.
The new detections in ExtraDAT will take effect after the McShield service has started.