Today Microsoft announced the general availability of Windows Server 2012.
Enabling the Modern Datacenter
Microsoft built Windows Server 2012 from the cloud up, applying its experience operating global datacenters that rely on hundreds of thousands of servers to deliver more than 200 cloud services. Windows Server 2012 expands the definition of a server operating system, with significant new advancements in virtualization, storage, networking and automation. Hundreds of new features can help customers achieve a transformational leap in the speed, scale and power of their datacenters and applications. In combination with Windows Azure and System Center, Windows Server 2012 empowers customers to manage and deliver applications and services across private, hosted and public clouds.
For those that are TechNet or MSDN subscribers, Windows Server 2012 is now available for download. If you don’t have a subscription you can download the Windows Server 2012 Trial Evaluation.
This Microsoft Server 2012 website is always a good starting point for overview information. Download the data sheet, downloads and case studies.
If you are looking for more technical info check out the http://technet.microsoft.com/windowsserver tech center.
Citrix has released a new version of the Receiver for iOS (version 5.6.2). This version is now available in the App Store.
New or updated features are:
1. HTML5 application performance enhancement – some HTML5 applications report an extensive slowness while loading the application. The fix addresses this delay to improve the speed with which the HTML5 applications launch.
2. Improved refresh applications experience – while Receiver is loading or refreshing the application during enumeration and a network error occurs, the Receiver would crash or display invalid error messages. This addresses both the crashing issue and displays an appropriate error message.
3. Improved support for VDI-in-a-box – issue arises while tapping the logon button when using a WebInterface Account to log onto a VDI-in-a-box solution. There was not response from the tapping on the logon button. The logon experience was improved for VDI-in-a-b0x infrastructure.
Fixes in the release are:
1. Bug fixes related to the URL generator base configuration – several bugs for the processing of a URL generated configuration link were identified. These issues are addressed in this release. The URL Generator configuration tool is again supported for the iOS Receiver.
2. Fixed: Web Interface with Access Gateway authentication (blank screen) – after manually configuring a WebInterface plus an Access Gateway site, the logon procedure generates a blank screen instead of the Receiver Home Screen.
3. Fixed: Secure browse works consistently on cellular networks – the Secure Browse application within the Receiver would freeze or crash randomly on some cellular connections.
4. Fixed: XenDesktop and virtual keyboard launch – the virtual keyboard was popping up automatically even if dismissed. The behavior was modified to honor the settings.
System Center Operations Manager 2012 provides the monitoring component of cloud and datacenter solutions, to help you manage your datacenter and cloud environments by:
- Delivering flexible and cost effective enterprise-class monitoring and diagnostics while reducing the total cost of ownership by leveraging commodity hardware, with standard configurations to monitor heterogeneous environments.
- Helping to ensure the availability of business-critical applications and services through market-leading .NET application performance monitoring and diagnostics plus JEE application health monitoring. Continue reading “SCOM 2012 beta released”
As of June 28th 2011 the new Microsoft Office 365 is live and can be bougt.
Office 365 is Microsofts cloudplatform for e-mail, collaberation and communication. Office 365 is the improved version of BPOS (Business Productivity Online Suite). You are paying for Office 365 as a cloud service/product. You only pay for what you use. Microsoft takes care of the rest, servers, upgrades, maintance and licenses. The 3 main components of Office 365 Continue reading “Office 365 live as of June 28th”
Microsoft has released Windows Thin PC (WinTPC), a new Windows 7 version tailored for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) access, making it Generally Available (GA) at July 1st this year for customers who use Microsoft Software Assurance (SA). Continue reading “Microsoft Windows Thin PC 1.0”