Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6 Service Pack 2 (App-V 4.6 SP2) provides new platform support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. This service pack also provides the latest security and stability enhancements to help keep computers running App-V up-to-date, reliable, and more secure. The goal of this service pack is to increase the overall quality of the existing product features while maintaining a high level of compatibility with previous releases.
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 – App-V 4.6 SP2 adds support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services.
- Support for Coexistence with App-V 5.0 Client – App-V 4.6 SP2 provides support for coexistence with the App-V 5.0 client.
- Customer Feedback and Hotfix Rollup – App-V 4.6 SP2 also includes a rollup up of fixes to address issues found since the Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6 SP1 release.
Download the Service Pack here.
Microsoft has released an update for Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This article includes information about the contents of the update and how to obtain the update.
Issues that are fixed
This update lets servers that are running Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP2 provide updates to computers that are running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
This update fixes the following issues:
Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
This hotfix addresses the following issues reported against Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Service Pack 3 (SP3) releases:
BUG0031915: BSOD 0xda during target device software installation
BUG0031923: Multicast traffic fails when stopping/re-starting Stream Service on the target device.
BuG0018453: Vista or Windows 7 target devices with Broadcom NetLink or RealTek NIC may randomly stop receiving packets and hang under heavy network traffic.
Installing and Uninstalling this Hotfix
• The user must have administrative rights to the server and target device.
• The hotfix applies to target devices with Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 installation.
To install this hotfix:
1. Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com.
2. Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to install the hotfix from and unzip the file.
Steps to install the hotfix: Continue reading “Hotfix for Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 SP2 and SP3”