Citrix has released a hotfix for VDIin-a-Box (VIAB).
Enhancements in This Release
- Includes Personal vDisk 5.6.9. For further details, see http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX134846. There are no release notes for 5.6.9, but the issues fixed are the same as for 5.6.10 except for fix #359206, which is irrelevant to VDI-in-a-Box.
- Support for multiple Active Directory (AD) domains with two-way trust relationship for user authentication and AD global context (GC) lookup for AD Universal Principal Name (UPN). For further details, see http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX136845.
Citrix has released the Tech Preview of Project Bermuda. This release delivers a simple, complete VDI solution with personalized and pooled desktops. It runs on latest Windows operating systems, supports latest hypervisors, and integrates with your existing Citrix environment. Project Bermuda extends Citrix VDI-in-a-Box with several features:
- Support for Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, enabling you to stay current with Windows Server technologies
- Deliver central storefront through Citrix Cloud Gateway, providing single point access to virtual desktops from any device
- Optimization pack for Microsoft Lync, offering unified communications platform for high-definition user experience
Note: This software is not supported in a production environment
You can download the Tech Preview here. You require a valid MyCitrix ID to download this Tech Preview.
Citrix has created an overview of the communication ports used for their VDI-in-a-Box software.
The following table lists a brief description of each component and what network ports and protocols are used: Continue reading “Communication ports used by VDI-in-a-Box 5.1”
Citrix has released version 5.1 of it's VDI-in-a-box product recently. This post gives an overview of several articles written by Citrix to configure and use this product to the fullest of it's capabilities.
From June 19th Citrix has released the Tech Preview of project Aruba.
delivers a simple, complete VDI solution with personalized and pooled desktops available both on-premise and as a cloud-service. Project Aruba extends Citrix VDI-in-a-Box with personal vDisk layering technology to preserve personalization of end-user applications and data while IT only has to manage a single instance of the master image. This saves time and costs while delivering a highly personalized end-user experience.
Note: This software is not supported in a production environment.
You can download the files with a valid MyCitrix ID from this location.
Communication between end-points and the CAG
All traffic between end-points (users) and the CAG is tunneled securely over SSL. This applies throughout the entire process from user authentication to desktop delivery.
• TCP Port 80 (used for redirection to 443)
• TCP Port 443 Continue reading “Citrix Access Gateway and VDI-in-a-Box – Firewall Exceptions”