The Windows 8 preview is now out for a couple of days. Anyone wonder where the shutdown/ restart button went?
Well don’t search no more. It’s been hidden a bit. But i’ll explain where it went.
Go in the Metro skin to the left down corner and select settings. From there you’ll see on the right hand side a column appearing. Select the power option and you can choose between the shutdown and restart option. Here are some screenshots how to shutdown or restart the windows 8 computer. Continue reading “Windows 8 shutdown/restart option”
If you’re already sick and tired of the Metro start menu (or you can’t find anything you want) you can stop it and reclaim your Windows7 start menu with the following commands.
1. Use the following key commands “Windows key + R” to get into the run command
2. Type regedit.exe and press enter
3. In the registry editor, browse to the following key:
4. Change the value of the key “RPEnabled” from “1” naar “0” (zero).
5. Close the registry and you’re finished. (Reboot is NOT required, at last !!!)
If you want to enable the Metro start button just change the “RPEnabled” key back to the value “1” and your on your way again.
** UPDATE 06-03-2011 **
With the release of the consumer review (aka beta) this option through the registry is removed. It is not possible to disable the metrostyle UI with this key. I’ll keep looking for another way to disable the Metro styple UI and report back to you.
** End update **