For you who didn’t know about the new Microsoft Lync certification path, here’s the info:
Microsoft Office Communications Server Certification Path Roadmap
For the Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist status you need only 1 exam. The 70-664 MS Lync server 2010, configuring.
For reaching the MCITP Microsoft Office Communications Server status you need to pass the 70-665 exam.
If you want to get futher ahead in life and really want to be a MS Office Communications Server guru then you can enroll for the Microsoft Certified Master and Microsoft Certified Architect program.
The Microsoft Certified Master (MCM): Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification provides in-depth and comprehensive training for Lync Server 2010. A three-week training program is delivered by recognized experts from Microsoft and Microsoft partner organizations to deepen and broaden the technical skills of experienced professionals who work with Microsoft communications technologies.
Through presentations, white-board discussions, and goal-based labs, MCM training covers the individual core Lync Server 2010 technologies as well as broader architectural and operational areas, such as telephony integration, upgrade and migration, application integration, performance analysis, management, and operations.
To be accepted into the MCM program, applicants must meet or exceed the prerequisites, which include:
- Two or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007: installing, configuring, and troubleshooting (or equivalent experience)
- Hands-on experience (preferably via early adoption programs) with Microsoft Lync Server 2010: installing, configuring, and troubleshooting
- A thorough understanding of the design and architecture of Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- A thorough understanding of Active Directory, Domain Name System (DNS), traditional telephony concepts, Voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP), and other core network services related to Office Communications Server
- The ability to speak, understand, and write fluent English
- The successful completion of Exam 70-638
- The successful completion of Exam 70-664
- The successful completion of Exam 70-665
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows Server 2003 certification or successful completion of two exams:
*Exam 83-640 has been suspended and replaced with Exam 70-640.
Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA)
If you have proven experience designing and delivering IT solutions for enterprise customers, have technical and leadership skills that surpass those of your peers, and have achieved a Microsoft Certified Master certification, consider earning the Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) certification.
The MCA: Microsoft Communications Server 2007 certification is designed for architects who specialize in using Microsoft technologies to provide expert solutions. This is the highest level of professional certification on Microsoft server technologies.
Have fun and here’s the link for the official microsoft site.