Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
This hotfix addresses the following issues reported against Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Service Pack 3 (SP3) releases:
BUG0031915: BSOD 0xda during target device software installation
BUG0031923: Multicast traffic fails when stopping/re-starting Stream Service on the target device.
BuG0018453: Vista or Windows 7 target devices with Broadcom NetLink or RealTek NIC may randomly stop receiving packets and hang under heavy network traffic.
Installing and Uninstalling this Hotfix
• The user must have administrative rights to the server and target device.
• The hotfix applies to target devices with Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 installation.
To install this hotfix:
1. Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com.
2. Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to install the hotfix from and unzip the file.
Steps to install the hotfix:
The hotfix folder includes the following two subfolders:
target32bit (32bit Windows installation)
target64bit (64bit Windows installation)
Please check your Provisioning Services target device for system type and select the correct subfolder to apply the hotfix following the procedure described below.
1. Shutdown all Provisioning Services target devices booting to the virtual disk (vDisk) to be updated.
2. From the Provisioning Services Console mount the vDisk by selecting the vDisk in the store to be updated, right click and select “Mount vDisk” from the menu options.
Note: The vDisk is added as a local disk in the “My Computer” window. The first available drive letter is assigned to the vDisk.
3. Launch Windows Explorer and browse to “WindowsSystem32Drivers” directory within the mapped vDisk; backup the following file:
For Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 2008
4. Copy the following file from the selected sub-folder included in this Hotfix to “WindowsSystem32Drivers” directory of the mapped vDisk:
For Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 2008, copy from appropriate subfolder:
5. Copy the following file from the selected sub-folder to the Provisioning Services installation directory (default is Program filesCitrixProvisioning Services) of the mapped vDisk:
(where “x” is 32bit or 64bit depending on the system)
6. Close Windows Explorer and from the Provisioning Services Console, right click the vDisk and select “Unmount vDisk” to unmap the vDisk.
7. Boot target devices, to enable BuG0018453 boot the machine in private image mode and perform steps 8 through 13.
The following steps are required to enable BUG0018453 hotfix:
8. Open the Registry Editor and browse to the following key on the target device:
9. Create a new key called ‘Parameters’ if it doesn’t exist.
10. To enable the hotfix, create a DWORD value in the ‘Parameters’ key called ‘IndicateOriginalNBLs’ and set it to “1”. (The fix is disabled by default. Removing the registry value or setting it to “0” will also disable the fix.)
11. Close the Registry Editor.
12. Shutdown the target device.
13. From the Provisioning Services Console, change the vDisk mode to “Standard image” mode.
To uninstall this hotfix:
Follow the same procedure for installation replacing the new files with the original files backed up.
Files Updated (All Dates/Times EST)
|Bnns6.sys (32 bit)||4/19/2012||11:30AM||49,504|
|Bnns6.sys (64 bit)||4/19/2012||11:30AM||58,720|