Citrix has released yesterday the 3rd hotfix for version 6.1 of their Provisioning Services software.
Here’s what’s new and fixed in this release.
Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 Hotfix XenDesktop SCVMM 2012 Compatibility Pack
This document describes the issue solved by this release and includes installation instructions. You can find more information about Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 in the Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 Installation and Configuration Guide. All product documentation is available from the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com/support.
Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
This release addresses performance issues identified with the XenDesktop Setup Wizard and Streamed VM Setup Wizard
• SCVMM virtual machine deployments have been parallelized to deploy multiple VMs on each selected host concurrently, for both SCVMM 2012 and 2008.
• Streamed VM Wizard also gains the SCVMM parallelization benefits, although to a lesser effect since it can only target a single host.
• WinRM is no longer a requirement for the XenDesktop setup wizard when using SCVMM 2008 or 2012
Fixes also included in this release:
• All fixes in CVPS61E001 and CVPS61E002 that are in console and server are included in this hotfix, the console and server install maybe used in place of CVPS61E001
• BUG0308003 XenDeskTop Wizard is slow in obtaining the list of ESX templates
• BUG0035424 A delay when attempting to add a group to farm administrators group is experienced in the PVS console
Upgrade / Installation:
An upgrade / installation guide will be made this weekend and posted on this blog. You can follow me on twitter to receive notification or visit this blog frequently.
One thought on “Citrix releases Hotfix 3 for Provisioning Services 6.1”