Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
This hotfix addresses the following issue reported against Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1 Release:
BUG0321533: Booting in a VMware environment can take more than 4 minutes to get past the bootstrap portion of the boot process. This has only been reported using ESX 4.1
Installing this Hotfix
• The user must have administrative rights to the server.
• If using vSphere 5.0 you must set the bootstrap and/or BDM to use Interrupt Safe Mode or it hang on boot. You do not have to set the Interrupt Safe Mode for vSphere 5 update 1 or any other version of ESX.
To install this hotfix:
1. Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com.
2. Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to install the hotfix from and unzip the file.
Steps to install the hotfix:
1. From Provisioning Services server machine, backup the following file:
For Windows 2003 this file is located in (default) “C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataCitrixProvisioning ServicesTftpboot”.
For Windows 2008 this file is located in (default) “C:ProgramDataCitrixProvisioning ServicesTftpboot”.
2. Copy the following file included in the hotfix folder to the “Tftpboot” sub-directory indicated above:
3. Back up the following files from the Provisioning Services-installation-folderTSBboot folder (Default is C:Program FilesCitrixProvisioning ServicesTSBboot):
4. Copy the following files from the hotfix folder to the Provisioning Services-installation-folderTSBboot folder (Default is C:Program FilesCitrixProvisioning ServicesTSBboot):
5. Copy the following file included in the hotfix folder to the Provisioning Services installation directory (Default is “C:Program FilesCitrixProvisioning Services”):
6. For PXE booting, configure “ARDBP32.bin” bootstrap with the following steps:
– From Provisioning Server Console, highlight the Provisioning Server and select “Configure Bootstrap” from the “Action” menu. The “Configure Bootstrap” dialog appears.
– Click on the “Read servers from Database” button. You should now see your Provisioning server IP address(es).
– Click “OK” to save the changes
– (Optional): If you have previously configured any option for “ARDBP32.bin” bootstrap, you need to repeat the configuration from the “Options” tab; otherwise the default values will be used.
There is no need to configure the “TSBBDM.BIN” .
Hotfix installation is completed and it becomes effective at the next reboot of the targets.
To download the hotfix visit the Citrix knowledgebase site.