Important Notes about This Release
- Note: As a best practice, Citrix recommends that you install this and other hotfixes only if you are affected by the specific issues they resolve. Otherwise, Citrix recommends that you wait for the next hotfix rollup pack for your product release. Hotfix rollup packs consolidate most previously released hotfixes and allow you to update systems in a convenient, single installation.
- Caution! Installing this hotfix can inadvertently remove the Citrix Licensing component, if present, from the system. To prevent this issue, make sure to install Hotfix XA600W2K8R2X64060, available as Knowledge Center article CTX129224, before installing this and any subsequent hotfixes on systems running Citrix XenApp 6 for Windows Server 2008 R2. [#245185]
- Important: Installing this hotfix over an ICA session is not supported but you can install it through a remote desktop session using an administrator account.
- Installing this hotfix causes the ICA Session performance monitor counter to be removed. As a result, HDX Monitor for XenApp and some EdgeSight user session monitoring cannot find and report on that counter. To prevent this issue, make sure to install Hotfix XA600W2K8R2X64023 or its replacement before installing this and any subsequent hotfixes on systems running Citrix XenApp 6 for Windows Server 2008 R2. [#248473]
- Caution! This release may require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Where to Find Documentation
This document describes the issue(s) resolved by this release and includes installation instructions. For additional product information, see Citrix eDocs, the Citrix Product Documentation Library.
New Fixes in This Release
Custom administrators might not be able to obtain session count values. However, full administrators can obtain exact session count values.
To enable this fix, you must create the following registry key:
Fixes from Replaced Hotfixes
A memory leak in SessionSS.dll can cause the memory utilization of the IMA Service to increase unexpectedly.
In the Delivery Services Console, under XenApp > Contents or Farm Name > Information session counts include ICA listeners, RDP listeners, and console sessions of all servers. This behavior is different from earlier versions of the product. This fix restores the behavior familiar from earlier versions of the product.
The IMA Service might become unresponsive, preventing existing sessions from logging off and new sessions from connecting.
Installing and Uninstalling This Release
- This hotfix is packaged with Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 as a .msp file. For more information about deploying .msp files, see Microsoft article 884016 or visit the Microsoft Web site and search on keyword msiexec.
- This installer program complies with Microsoft User Account Control (UAC). If UAC is enabled, you must run the installer program in elevated mode; that is, with administrative privileges enabled. For more information about UAC, see Microsoft TechNet or visit the Microsoft Web site and search on keyword UAC.
- To install this hotfix successfully, servers must not have registry modification restrictions in place.
- Slipstreaming – installations of the XenApp Server base product packaged with one or more individual hotfixes – is not supported and might leave servers in an unstable state.
- You must restart the server after the installation of this hotfix completes. However, if you are installing multiple hotfixes at the same time, there is no need to restart the server after the installation of each hotfix. It is sufficient to restart the server after the installation of the final hotfix completes.
- If the need arises to restore the original settings and functionality provided by this hotfix, you must uninstall the hotfix before reinstalling it according to the installation instructions below.
To install this hotfix:
- Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to update.
- Close all applications.
- Run the executable.
- Restart the server.
- If you are using the Delivery Services Console, restart the server to ensure the hotfix is added to the console’s hotfix inventory list.
To uninstall this hotfix:
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Highlight the hotfix you want to uninstall and click Uninstall.
- Follow the directions on-screen.
- If you are using the Delivery Services Console, restart the server to ensure the hotfix is removed from the console’s hotfix inventory list.
Download the update here.