IMA Helper is designed to facilitate the process of running DSMAINT CONFIG on XenApp servers. The tool provides a Graphical User Interface for DSMAINT CONFIG to the XenApp Administrator.
- Password field is hidden (for privacy concerns)
- Real-time IMA Status Monitor
- Easy RecreateLHC button
- Easy Recreate DSN File button
- You must install .NET Framework 3.5 or later.
- You must log on as a user with Local Administrative privileges.
Installing IMA Helper
IMA Helper is a standalone application. You need not install the application.
How to Use IMA Helper
For DSMAINT CONFIG:
- On the target XenApp server, run IMA Helper.
- Select type of authentication if required (Windows NT is default).
- Type or select the required fields:
For Windows NT Authentication enter the Domain, User, and Password details.
For SQL Authentication enter the User and Password details.
- Select Browse and manually browse to the location of the DSN file to be used with DSMAINT CONFIG.
- Select Run to run the command.
The result (success / failure) is displayed in a message box.
- If you select RecreateLHC, then DSMAINT RECREATELHC runs on the server and the results are displayed by using a message box. You must stop the IMA service to use this feature.
- If you select Create New DSN, then the Microsoft Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator is opened.
Security Permissions Required by IMA Helper
Local Administrative permissions are required for IMA Helper to run.
Data Modified by IMA Helper
No data is directly modified by IMA Helper. This application only creates a graphical bridge to DSMAINT CONFIG, which is a command line application available in any XenApp servers by default. All data modifications are performed by DSMAINT CONFIG.
How to Undo the Changes Made by IMA Helper
No changes are made by IMA Helper. This application only creates a graphical bridge to DSMAINT CONFIG, which is a command line application available in any XenApp servers by default. All data modifications are performed by DSMAINT CONFIG. Refer to XenApp documentation for more information on how to undo the changes made by DSMAINT CONFIG.
Uninstalling IMA Helper
IMA Helper is a standalone application. You need not uninstall any application. You only have to delete the .EXE file.
Download the tool and read more about this tool here.