Citrix has released 2 hotifxies for Provisioning Services 6.1. CPVS61E011 and CPVS61E014. Issues resolved in hotfix CPVS61E014 can be found here.
Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix (CPVS61E011)
This hotfix addresses the following issue reported against Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1, 6.0, 5.6 Service Pack 3 releases:
BUG322639 Targets randomly fail to download the bootstrap file in an environment with possible packet loss.
The root cause is that both the PVS target, Citrix PVS TFTP Service or Citrix PVS Two-Stage Boot Service use the same timeout value of 5 seconds for the request and reply. Therefore if the server reply is randomly lost in the network the resending reply occurs after the PVS target timeouts.
The fix is to reduce the default server-side timeout to 1 second. You may configure the timeout to be as high as 4 seconds.
Installing and Uninstalling this Hotfix
• The user must have administrative rights to the server.
To install this hotfix:
1. Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com.
2. Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to install the hotfix from and unzip the file.
Steps to install the hotfix:
The hotfix folder includes the following two subfolders:
server32bit (32bit Windows installation)
server64bit (64bit Windows installation)
Please check your Provisioning Services server for system type and select the correct subfolder to apply the hotfix following the procedure described below.
1. From Windows’ Services console, stop the “Citrix PVS TFTP Service” and “Citrix PVS Two-Stage Boot Service”;
2. Open Explorer and change the directory to PVS installation folder C:program filescitrixprovisioning services (by default)
3. Backup the following two files:
4. Copy the following three files from the selected sub-folder included in this Hotfix to the PVS installation folder:
where “x” is 32bit or 64bit depending on the system.
5. Start the “Citrix PVS TFTP Service” and “Citrix PVS Two-Stage Boot Service”
6. (Optional) You can change the server-side resending timeout value with the following steps:
If you are using PXE boot, create a DWORD registry “RxTimeoutSec” under “HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesBNTFTPParameters” key, and set the value (decimal) between 1 and 4 (in seconds). Restart “Citrix PVS TFTP Service”
If you are using two-stage boot, create a DWORD registry “RxTimeoutSec” under “HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesPVSTSBParameters” key, and set the value (decimal) between 1 and 4 (in seconds). Restart “Citrix PVS Two-Stage Boot Service”.
To uninstall this hotfix:
Follow the same procedure for installation replacing the new files with the original files backed up.
Download the hotfix here at the Citrix knowledgebase.