This article describes how to enable Receiver Logging to troubleshoot StoreFront store Activation/ Provisioning in Citrix Receiver for Windows.
Caution! This procedure requires you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Back up the registry before you edit it.
- Enable Receiver Logging:
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFWARECITRIX
- Add new DWORD Value as: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARECitrix] “ReceiverVerboseTracingEnabled”=dword:00000001
- The log ( Receiver_.log )will be saved in the following Location Windows XP / 2003 : %USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication DataCitrixReceiver Windows Vista / 7 / 2008 : %USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalCitrixReceiver
- Enable Trace level logging of the Authentication Manager Service.
- To enable tracing of authentication events, navigate to the appropriate registry location below and create new strings named TracingEnabled and SDKTracingEnabled.
- 32-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARECitrixAuthManager
- 64-Bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeCitrixAuthManager
- Set the values of all the new strings you created to true.
Authentication trace files are stored in the Receiver authentication tracing folder for each user, typically located at C:Users<username>AppDataLocalCitrixAuthManagerTracing on Windows 7 devices.
Steps to Capture the Logs: (with the best information possible, that is, removing extra details)
- On a client device, configure the preceding registry keys carefully.
- Exit from the Receiver.
- Browse to the appropriate Log location for your OS.
- Receiver Log: %USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalCitrixReceiver for Windows 7
- Authentication Manager Logs: %USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalCitrixReceiverAuthManagerTracing
- Delete the existing Receiver_.log file from Receiver and all the Tracing files under Authentication Manager.
- Double-click on the provisioning file “ReceiverConfig.cr”, this starts the receiver process.
- When the Error is displayed on the screen, right-click the Receiver icon in the System Tray and Exit.
The Receiver_Log file and all the Tracing files under AuthenticationManager can then be used to determine if an error was returned.
Thanks to my fellow Citrix colleague for writing this article.