Citrix has released a new tool to verify what hotfixes are installed on your XenApp server.
The XenApp Hotfix Log Creator is a simple command base executable that can be used to provide a quick log with all the hotfix information of a Citrix XenApp 6.0 or 6.5. Very simple to use and if combine with tools like psexec.exe it can be used to capture the same information remotely. Continue reading “Citrix XenApp Hotfix Log Creator”
I’ve been asked by Packt to read this ebook (Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Cookbook by Leandro Carvalho) and give my honest feedback on this book. I must say I’m impressed by the content.
This is an in-depth book on the use and features of Microsoft Hyper-V for Windows Server 2012. This book is a must read for those who want to play with it with or without having a deep knowledge in this matter.
I’m a huge fan of clearing things up with the help of pictures (a picture can say a thousand words) but I must admit that the author has found a way to use the pictures to clarify and not to clutter the book with them.
I’m quite familiar with Hyper-V in Server 2008 R2 and have an understanding of how Virtualization works in general. However if you are a novice or an expert, this book provides information for all skill levels.
In my opinion the money is worth spending on this book.
You can buy the Windows Server 2012 Hyper- V Cookbook now from here.
Citrix has released today version 3.4 of the Receiver for Windows.
Citrix Receiver for Windows 3.4 (CitrixReceiver.exe) provides the following new features and enhancements.
- Single authentication to the Access Gateway:
- Use of a single session for both VPN and clientless access so that a Receiver user logs on once for both types of access and consumes only one license. This feature requires StoreFront.
- Automatic routing of ICA traffic through the Access Gateway ICA proxy for optimal user experience.
- Automatic start-up of a VPN tunnel when a user logs on. This feature requires that you disable the Single Sign-On with Windows setting on the Access Gateway.
- Support for Access Gateway SmartAccess controls. Continue reading “Receiver for Windows 3.4”
Citrix has released version 11.7 of it’s Receiver for Mac.
Citrix Receiver for Mac 11.7 provides the following new features and enhancements for customers:
- Single authentication to the Access Gateway:
- Use of a single session for both VPN and clientless access so that a Receiver user logs on once for both types of access and consumes only one license.
- Automatic routing of ICA traffic through the Access Gateway ICA proxy for optimal user experience. Continue reading “Citrix Receiver for Mac 11.7 released”
McAfee has released a beta for it’s new version of ePolicy Orchestrator management solution.
This post will describe the installation of the ePolicy Orchestrator server.
First of all download the software here (downloadable after registring as a beta tester).
Citrix has released some new documentation for CloudPlatform version 3.0.6.
The following documentation can be downloaded from their website:
Citrix has released the second Tech Preview of Project Thor.
The Project Thor Tech Preview enables administrators to orchestrate the tasks required to deliver applications both to end-users and XenApp Servers seamlessly with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. With the Project Thor Connector, administrators can:
- Extend the Configuration Manager 2012 user-centric and rules-based application delivery capabilities to deliver applications to users in the most appropriate manner for the device they are using: MSI, App-V, CAB, or XenApp
- Orchestrate the process of deploying applications to XenApp servers, farms, and worker groups from within the Configuration Manager console, both directly, for traditionally managed farms, as well as for streamed farms when used in conjunction with Provisioning Services Continue reading “Project Thor Tech Preview 2”
Citrix has released hotfix DSCXACmd650WX64001 for XenApp 6.5 and DSCXACmd600W2K8R2X64004 gfor XenApp 6.0.
Here you can find the fixes which come with these releases:
DSCXACmd600W2K8R2X64004 for XenApp 6.0
Citrix has released a new hotfix for Provisioning Services 6.1. This hotfix contains fixes for the console, server and target device software. Here’s what’s new in all three categories:
- In VMware ESX deployments, the XenDesktop Setup wizard can throw an exception, preventing users from setting up templates and machines properly.
[From PVS610ConsoleWX86016, PVS610ConsoleWX64016][#LA2499]
- Selecting the Streamed image with Personal Vdisk option of the XenDesktop Setup wizard results in the creation of a fixed disk rather than a dynamic disk.
[From PVS610ConsoleWX86016, PVS610ConsoleWX64016][#LA2501]
Server Issues Continue reading “Hotfix CPVS61E016 for Citrix Provisioning Services 6.1”
Important Note: Target Device hotfixes can be deployed only on the Master Target Device. You can install Target Device hotfix on a device that has not been imaged to a vDisk as a fresh installation, or on a device that has been imaged to a vDisk as an upgrade installation.
For fresh installations, see eDocs, the Citrix product documentation library.
For upgrade installation, complete the following steps:
Uninstalling Provisioning Services from the Original Hard Drive on Master Target Device Continue reading “Citrix Provisioning Service 6.1 Target Device hotfix lnstall guide”