Citrix has released version 11.7 of it’s Receiver for Mac.
Citrix Receiver for Mac 11.7 provides the following new features and enhancements for customers:
- Single authentication to the Access Gateway:
- Use of a single session for both VPN and clientless access so that a Receiver user logs on once for both types of access and consumes only one license.
- Automatic routing of ICA traffic through the Access Gateway ICA proxy for optimal user experience.
- Automatic start-up of a VPN tunnel when a user logs on. This feature requires that you disable the Single Sign-On with Windows setting on the Access Gateway.
- Improved logon and logoff operations:
- Users are prompted to log on to Receiver only when a logon is required. Actions that require a log on include starting an app from Receiver or the Finder, using the Refresh Apps command, viewing or searching for apps, or adding an account. A user is logged on only to the account associated with the requested resource.
- Users remain logged on until choosing to log off or exit Receiver, roam from the internal network to an external network, or delete passwords.
- A VPN tunnel is established only if needed. Internal users are logged on to StoreFront.
- Usability improvements, including:
- The Request button is removed. Users can now simply click to add an app and, if a request for permission to add the app is required, a dialog box appears.
- Error messages are clearer.
- All Receiver User interface (UI) images are retina display compliant.
- Upgraded FIPS support. Receiver supports certificates with a public key of 2,048-bit RSA and a SHA256 signature hash algorithm.
- Support for ShareFile StorageZones. Receiver provides support for ShareFile StorageZones. StorageZones enable you to optimize ShareFile performance by locating data storage close to users and also allow you to control storage for compliance purposes. For more information about StorageZones, see the Sharefile documentation in eDocs.
This section contains a list of known issues relating to this release.
- Users are not informed if a provisioning file take a long time to import. This may lead users to believe that the import has failed. There is no workaround for this issue. [# 0307210]
- Custom web link images configured in AppController are not presented to users accessing applications and desktops from a StoreFront store. This is because Receiver for Mac only supports the use of square images. As a workaround, ensure you use square images when configuring web links in AppController. [# 0325285]
- A user is not logged off from Receiver if they change the Access Gateway details for a store in Receiver Preferences during a session. [# 0350076]
Issues fixed in this release
The following issues have been fixed since the previous release of this product:
- Fixes an issue where users were prompted to log on twice, in error, if the logon type for Receiver users accessing their desktops and applications through Access Gateway Enterprise Edition was set to SMS Authentication in StoreFront. [# 0334801]
- Fixes an issue where filenames containing periods, for example, anotherfile12.12.12.doc, were renamed in error when users searched for those files in published applications. [# 0340358]
- Fixes an issue where users were unable to connect to a store, after reinstalling Receiver, if their password had expired. [# 0344665]
You can download this new version of the Receiver here.