Citrix has released hotfix update 3 for XenDesktop 5.6 Controller (32 and 64 bit). These hotfixes address several issues with the XenDesktop 5.6 Controller. In order to address all issues in their entirety, you must install all hotfixes included in this download package. Installing just a partial set of these hotfixes will fail to address the issues and might lead to system instabilities.
- Desktop groups cannot be created or deleted if their names exceed 63 characters in length or contain underscores (“_”).
- With VMware vSphere 5, when deleting a dedicated virtual machine (VM) from Desktop Studio, the delta disk of the dedicated VM might be left behind. Continue reading “Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 controller hotfix update 3”
The USB redirection feature of Citrix XenDesktop allows a user to redirect USB devices on the client to their XenDesktop Virtual Desktop Agent (VDA).
A weakness has been identified in the Citrix XenDesktop VDA implementation of USB redirection that could result in changes to the server-side policy controlling USB redirection not being propagated to the VDA. This could allow an authenticated user to gain access to their USB devices in contravention of the updated administrator-defined policy.
This issue affects all versions of Citrix XenDesktop Virtual Desktop Agent 5.x, up to and including version 5.6.
This vulnerability has been assigned the following CVE number:
Only customers that have modified server-side policy to disable USB redirection are affected by this weakness.
What Customers Should Do
A new version of the VDA has been released to address this issue. Citrix recommends that affected customers upgrade to this version of the VDA, which can be downloaded from the following locations.
In previous releases of XenApp, a registry flag called DefaultPrnFlags was used to modify advanced printing options. It was a single DWORD in which a particular hexadecimal value was set if an option was turned on. If two or more options were desired, the corresponding values were added together and the resultant value was stored in the registry. DefaultPrnFlags has been removed in XenApp 6.0, but the functionality it supported is still available for both XenApp and XenDesktop environments.
One of the features introduced in XenApp 6.x and XenDesktop 5.x is Active Directory integration for policies. There are many new settings that can be configured using these policy objects. Most of the functionality previously provided with DefaultPrnFlags can now be set using these policy settings. Refer to documentation on policy configuration for more information about configuring these policy settings. Continue reading “Advanced Printing Configuration in XenApp 6.x and XenDesktop 5.x”
As per article CTX131239 XenServer 6.1 does not yet support all XenDesktop versions and Provisioning Services versions.
Continue reading “XenDesktop not yet supported on XenServer 6.1”
Citrix has released an update on the cool tool XenDesktop site checker.
The XenDesktop site checker uses the XenDesktop Powershell SDK to enumerate XenDesktop 5 site brokers, services, hosts, assignments, catalogs, and provisioning tasks and schemes. It checks whether or not services are running and service instances are registered, and provides the ability to enable logging for each service. It also provides advanced management tasks that aren’t available in Desktop Studio, and provides detailed information about each component that it checks, and logs any script that is executed by the tool.
New Features in this release
Citrix has released today the Tech Preview of the new XenDesktop/XenApp version.
Project (Avalon) Excalibur Technology Preview is our next-generation, unified desktop and app virtualization technology that is reinventing the delivery of Windows apps and desktops for mobility in the cloud-era. The availability of this tech preview will allow Citrix customers and partners to have a first-hand look at a new unified FlexCast infrastructure combining VDI and Hosted Shared desktops and apps from a single platform.
New features include:
- Simplified, unified, and expanded FlexCast 2.0 architecture New unified FlexCast 2.0 architecture combines simplified and integrated provisioning and personalization tools for both desktops and apps, delivered from either a desktop-based or server-based operating system. Continue reading “Project Excalibur (Avalon) Tech Preview available”
There are two licensing models available for XenDesktop customers, User/Device and Concurrent.
XenDesktop User/Device licenses provide customers with the maximum flexibility of assigning a single license to either a user or a device. and supports both license types in the same environment. The license server contains the intelligence to automatically assign these licenses to users or devices based on usage.
- User licensing gives users access to their virtual desktops and apps from an unlimited number of devices.
Citrix has removed hotfixes GPMx170WX86001 and GPMx170WX64001 from their distribution because an incorrect package had been posted for download.
You need to upgrade to Hotfixes GPMx170WX86002 and GPMx170WX64002 asap as not all planned hotfixes made it in to the first hotfixes. If you have already installed Hotfixes GPMx170WX86001 and/or GPMx170WX64001, there is no need to uninstall those before installing the replacement hotfixes.
You can download the new hotfixes from these locations:
CTX135403 – LIMITED RELEASE – Hotfix GPMx170WX64002 – For Group Policy Management Console for Windows x64 – English
CTX135402 – LIMITED RELEASE – Hotfix GPMx170WX86002- For Group Policy Management Console for Windows x86 – English
Citrix has released a new hotfix for Desktop Studio 5.1 ( XenDesktop version 5).
These are the issues fixed in this hotfix:
- Attempting to add target devices to a streamed machine catalog in Desktop Studio with a non-standard Provisioning Services (PVS) Soap Server port might fail.Note: This fix addresses the issue only for new catalogs you create in Desktop Studio; any existing catalogs need to be deleted and recreated for the fix to take effect.
- This feature enhancement eliminates a limitation that prevents Desktop Studio from displaying more than 250 catalogs and desktop groups.[From XD510DStudioWX86002][#LA1610] Continue reading “Hotfix XD510DStudioWX64002 (Version 5.1.2) for Citrix Desktop Studio 5.1”
Citrix has released some interesting Remote PC guides to guide you through this fine piece of software now available in XenDesktop.
Cleck each subject to go to the download page.