Microsoft SQL Server 2012 service packs are cumulative updates and upgrade all editions and service levels of SQL Server 2012 to SP1. This service pack contains SQL Server 2012 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) and Cumulative Update 2 (CU2).
This download site contains the following packages and service patches for the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 release:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 Update – this package contains the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 update to be applied to existing SQL Server 2012 installations.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 Slipstream– This package provides the capability to perform new SQL Server 2012 instance installations (or SQL Server 2008/SQL Server 2008 R2 Upgrades) culminating with Service Pack 1 pre-installed. The slipstream installation package consists of a compressed self-extracting .exe and a ‘.box’ payload file that contains the original SQL Server 2012 release along with Service Pack 1. The .exe file can be directly executed, or utilized from the command prompt just as SQL Server 2012 Setup.exe would be (See Install SQL Server 2012 from the Command Prompt).
You can download the service pack here.
On this post I would like to share some great sessions from Citrix Synergy Barcelona 2012. This post will not show every session recorded at Synergy. A complete overview of all sessions you can find here.
I can’t start this post without this great keynote by Mark Templeton. Continue reading “Synergy sessions”
During the Synergy event in Barcelona the presentations given by there (and publically published by Citrix) will be collected and posted in this single post for your convenience.
Here’s the list of day 1: Continue reading “Synergy Barcelona presentations”
Microsoft has released last week Update Rollup #3 for its System Center 2012 suite.
Here are the fixes they have solved in this update rollup pack:
The following list summarizes VMM enhancements and new functionality in the System Center 2012 SP1 release. Additional details are provided further below.
- System Requirements:
Changes to supported versions of the operating system, and other required software. For a complete list of supported configurations, see System Requirements for System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager.
- New model for virtual machine networking, including network virtualization and VLANs for network isolation.
- Management of the Hyper-V extensible switch, including deployment and configuration of virtual switch extensions using a new logical switch concept.
- Support for Network Virtualization with the support for using DHCP to assign customer addresses, and for using either the IP rewrite or Network Virtualization with Generic Routing Encapsulation (NVGRE) mechanism to virtualize the IP address of a virtual machine. Continue reading “What’s New in System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1)”
Here’s a list of the video’s of Citrix Synergy 2012 in San Francisco that I like the most. More videos will follow for sure this week. Watch this post closely the coming week .
What’s new in HDX (Syn121)
Citrix HDX technologies deliver the richest native desktop and application performance for virtual environments. Find out how new HDX capabilities strengthen a virtual infrastructure and address end-user capabilities. They also increase the ways in which an enterprise can use virtualization to meet user needs. Continue reading “Citrix Synergy 2012 San Francisco best vids”
If you have missed the MMS 2012 this year you can find all the presentations on this place.
All credits to the original posters at MyITForum.