This article describes the steps for upgrading to vSphere 5 in a Citrix Provisioning environment.
- A working Provisioning Services environment.
- Admin access to Provisioning Services server.
- Admin access to Provisioning Services targets.
- Rights required to make changes to target devices and the host.
- Reverse image vDisks.
- Change NIC on target to VMXNet3.
- Enable Interrupt Mode in Bootstrap used by target devices.
- Upgrade host ESX server(s) to vSphere 5.
- Upgrade VMware tools.
- Reinstall Provisioning Services target software.
- Create image of updated machine.
- Reinstall XenDesktop Virtual Desktop Agent (if installed) while vDisk is in Private Mode.
- Note: You can change vDisk to standard mode and deploy to targets.
Read the original article here.