McAfee has released a beta for it’s new version of ePolicy Orchestrator management solution.
This post will describe the installation of the ePolicy Orchestrator server.
First of all download the software here (downloadable after registring as a beta tester).
ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0 (Beta) is available as of December 12th 2012. McAfee has sent a second email out that the download is available as of this date.
This release includes new features and enhancements, including the following:
- Disaster Recovery, including cold standby/global failover support
- Simplified product deployment workflow
- Improved navigation to the most commonly used ePO areas and features
- Policy Comparison, to review differences between policies or tasks side-by-side
- URL-based Agent Deployment – additional method for deploying agents eases remote deployments
- McAfee Smart Install – small ePO and network aware install manages the Agent installation and configuration
- Hierarchical SuperAgents– SA can now update from known repositories, including other SA
- Agent Relay – based on McAfee Internet Independent Update technology, Agent Relays enable systems with limited network access to share a connection to ePO
- Enhanced Virtualization Support – new installation options and property settings enable better management of virtual environments
To download ePO 5.0 (Beta), go to the McAfee Downloads site at