Citrix has released a new hotfix for XenApp 6.5. This fix resolves the following issue:
- XenApp servers behind read-only domain controllers (RODCs) might experience slow application launch issues while winlogon.exe spikes CPU usage.
To install this hotfix:
- Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to update.
- Close all applications.
- Run the executable.
- Restart the server. This ensures that the installation completes and that the hotfix is added to the AppCenter hotfix inventory list.
To uninstall this hotfix:
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Highlight the hotfix you want to uninstall and click Uninstall.
- Follow the directions on-screen.
Download this hotfix here.
Users experience slow logons on sites with Read-Only Domain Controllers (RODC). Administrators may also notice a spike in processor usage by winlogon.exe for up to 30 seconds.
The existence of Read-Only Domain Controllers is causing Active Directory Service Interface (ADSI) calls to take a long time, which in turn is causing a slow logon and winlogon to spike.
Switch away from Read-Only Domain Controllers on the site where you are experiencing the issue.
Citrix have diagnosed the root-cause behind this issue, and a Private fix is available for XenApp 5, XenApp 6, and XenApp 6.5. As this fix is still a private fix, you must contact Citrix Support to obtain a copy of this.
Please quote CPR Ref: LA1617 when contacting support to assist with locating the correct fix.
Read the original article at the Knowledgebase here.