- Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 resolved over 165 issues reported since the release of XenApp 6.5.
- Supports additional communication software including GoToMeeting with HD Faces, Skype, and Adobe Connect.
- Enhancements to audio virtual channels to help reduce latency.
- Adaptive Display Settings for smooth-running videos and slide shows.
- Windows Media Redirection Enhanced Flow Control.
- XenApp 6.5 Mobility Pack.
- Support for Universal Print Server.
- Support for Internet Explorer 9.
Where to Find Hotfix Rollup Pack 1
To download Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 or to find more information about specific fixes, enhancements, prerequisites, and known issues, see Knowledge Center article CTX132122 – Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 for Citrix XenApp 6.5 for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.
Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 includes 48 fixes that were included in hotfixes, plus 101 fixes previously not released for XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2. These new fixes address a variety of problem types, including: Continue reading “XenApp 6.5 Hotfix Rollup Pack 1 – content and highlights”
As you could read in this post Citrix has released Hotfix Rollup pack 1 for XenApp along side the Feature Pack.
In this post is described what the changes, replaced hotfixes and fixes are.
This hotfix rollup pack replaces the following hotfixes:
XA650W2K8R2X64001, XA650W2K8R2X64002, XA650W2K8R2X64004, XA650W2K8R2X64005, XA650W2K8R2X64006, XA650W2K8R2X64007, XA650W2K8R2X64008, XA650W2K8R2X64009, XA650W2K8R2X64011, XA650W2K8R2X64012, XA650W2K8R2X64013, XA650W2K8R2X64014, XA650W2K8R2X64015, XA650W2K8R2X64016, XA650W2K8R2X64017, XA650W2K8R2X64018, XA650W2K8R2X64019, XA650W2K8R2X64020, XA650W2K8R2X64021, XA650W2K8R2X64022, XA650W2K8R2X64023, XA650W2K8R2X64024, XA650W2K8R2X64025, XA650W2K8R2X64026, XA650W2K8R2X64027, XA650W2K8R2X64028, XA650W2K8R2X64029, XA650W2K8R2X64030
- Caution: Several items in this hotfix rollup pack require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Skype might not recognize the camera, in which case the video portion of the Skype call is missing. To avoid this, make sure the camera is connected before launching Skype. If necessary, sign out of Skype and then sign back into Skype. In some cases, it might be necessary to disconnect and reconnect the camera before signing back into Skype.
It’s has been a while since Citrix has released the news that Feature Pack 01 would be available late June. Well here it is.
You can download the Feature Pack 01 at these locations at the downloads section (with a valid My Citrix ID):
More information about the Feature Pack 01 is to come later today.
Users experience slow logons on sites with Read-Only Domain Controllers (RODC). Administrators may also notice a spike in processor usage by winlogon.exe for up to 30 seconds.
The existence of Read-Only Domain Controllers is causing Active Directory Service Interface (ADSI) calls to take a long time, which in turn is causing a slow logon and winlogon to spike.
Switch away from Read-Only Domain Controllers on the site where you are experiencing the issue.
Citrix have diagnosed the root-cause behind this issue, and a Private fix is available for XenApp 5, XenApp 6, and XenApp 6.5. As this fix is still a private fix, you must contact Citrix Support to obtain a copy of this.
Please quote CPR Ref: LA1617 when contacting support to assist with locating the correct fix.
Read the original article at the Knowledgebase here.
The following MD5 and SHA256 information is provided to assure download completion and accuracy. Verify the MD5 or SHA256(s) before using a downloaded package to install a product, post to a centralized location for broader access, or burning to media. Continue reading “XenApp 6.5 Downloads Reference List”
While preparing for XenApp 6.5 I came across this good explanation by David Gaunt about session pre-launch within XenApp 6.5. David explains the CCU model very good and how it is used with session pre-launch.
“A bit of background
Before we go forward, lets take a few steps back over some familiar technology.
Remember in the old days when you would launch a Presentation Server app with a click of an icon and…wait…wait…logon script fires up…profile loads…wait a moment more…ta-dahh, you’re app is ready? Well we, and a few other clever partners, managed to reduce application launch time by doing clever things with the user profile or just trimming the fat that was the traditional roaming profile. But it was never going to be ‘like-local,’ which is really the end-goal of any virtual desktop solution.
In XenApp 6.5 we’ve cracked this launch delay by using a combination of the latest Windows Receiver and a new feature called Session Pre-Launch. Using this feature will mean than any application will start up immediately, without any delay.”
You can read the complete blog here.
As of now you can register at PearsonVue for the Citrix XenApp 6.5 beta exam. Only thing you have to do is logon to the PearsonVue website, register as a user with your citrix ID (if you already have a citrix certification you have it) and register for the free exam (examcode 1Y1-A20). There is no need of a voucher.
I’ve registered for it and naturally searching for learning materials.
This is what I’ve found already. If you have other learning materials let me know and i’ll update this post and be gratefull for your contribution. Continue reading “Citrix XenApp 6.5 beta exam **Updated**”