Issues Resolved In This Hotfix
This hotfix resolves the following issues:
- Creating a Virtual Machine (VM) or a Virtual Disk Image (VDI) may fail due to lack of space in the NetApp storage array. This is due to an issue in Integrated StorageLink (iSL) when using NetApp storage arrays, which incorrectly configures volumes for thin provisioning.
- Creating a VM or a VDI on an iSL NetApp storage array may consume more than 140% of additional space on the storage array.
- Attempts to re-attach the VDIs from the legacy StorageLink, after upgrading to XenServer 6.0, may display incorrect storage volume information in XenCenter.
- VM Snapshots created on an iSL NetApp Storage Repository (SR) are deleted if a single snapshot is removed from the snapshot tree.
- Creating an SR on an iSL Dell EqualLogic storage array will fail, if using Dell EqualLogic Array Firmware version greater than 5.1.1.
- Snapshots created on an iSL NetApp storage array inflate the underlying volume and will eventually fill up the aggregate space.
- Changing the IP address of a NetApp storage array when attempting to re-attach the iSL SR with a NetApp storage array, may result in an iSL SR crash.
NOTE: In addition, this hotfix also includes several bug fixes.
Installing the Hotfix
IMPORTANT: Customers MUST install Hotfix XS60E001 – For XenServer 6.0 before attempting to apply this hotfix.
Customers should use either XenCenter or the XenServer Command Line Interface (CLI) to install this update. Once the update has installed, the server must be restarted for it to take effect. As with any software update, please back up your data before applying this hotfix. Citrix recommends updating all hosts within a pool sequentially. Upgrading of hosts should be scheduled to minimize the amount of time the pool runs in a “mixed state” where some hosts have been upgraded and some have not. Running a mixed pool of updated and non-updated hosts for general operation is not supported.
- The attachment to this article is a zip file.
- To minimise hotfix application time, specifically to avoid host reboot and VM migrations while applying this hotfix, customers should follow the instructions for installing the update using the XenServer CLI. Continue reading “Hotfix XS60E015 for XenServer 6.0”